Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
justpeachy71904
¥ eta ¥ ugh a mom sent her kid to school
January 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM

SICK , my dd said he was sick from homeroom until lunch when they sent him home, Monday and now...

My kid is sick :( she woke me up at 1245 saying my tummy hurts and then "blahhhh" she started throwing up and hasn't stopped. And now it is going south.

It wouldn't be so bad but and I say BUT I always worry about aspiration with my dd beacuase of her weak lungs. When she throws up it is so scary. Her disability just makes lung infections so scary :( buy she is finally sleeping so, hopefully she'll be ok.

Ugh, lesson to moms, keep your kids home when sick!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ETA

1) my kid is 8 yes I know about incubation periods of illness

2) you're a parent there is never an excuse to.send a kid thAt you know is sick I.e fever within 24hrs, vomitting within 24 hrs etc to class

3) we do have a nurse, the nurse was notified he wasn't vomitting all over the room. 

4) believe it or not my 8yr old is VERY reliable honest and trustworthy. I believe her. why would she come hone and tell me this. as soon as I walked into the school she and the ASP teacher mentioned it to me. several kids were discussing it. why are kids discredited. my child has no reason to lie to me

Replies

• duejan13th
    January 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    I'm sorry :(
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    I hate people like that I have a friend that's horrible about it everyone in her house just had a stomach bug sooo she decided to go to chicks cheese said her 3 year old puked in those tubes things. Nice. I hope your little one feels better

I tried to edit but my thumb is far and I've been up all night so whatever lol
  • PinkButterfly66
    January 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM

My daughter's middle school changed their attendance policy mid year last year that attendance would not be taken until lunch time so all the kids that came to school sick so they wouldn't be counted absent had to stick around until lunch.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

my DD has a cold... I'm not keeping her home from school with a cold. I give her medicine to keep her good all day. If she were throwing up... that'd be a different story or if she had a fever. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

sometimes people don't have the option.

• prieta05
    January 9, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    Yup i know i hate that too from people.
  • justpeachy71904
    January 9, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    Thanks. I just hope no one else gets it in her class. It is violent. I know sometimes parent are in a tight spot but it is so unfair to do this to other kids and other parents you know!

She is actually excited to get bouillon , that's my miracle cure. She <3s it

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate people like that I have a friend that's horrible about it everyone in her house just had a stomach bug sooo she decided to go to chicks cheese said her 3 year old puked in those tubes things. Nice. I hope your little one feels better

I tried to edit but my thumb is far and I've been up all night so whatever lol
  • justpeachy71904
    January 9, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    Yea a sniffle is different. My dd said this poor little boy threw up in his bookbag :(

Of course her teacher is so sweet she let him sit there until the mom got there, contaminating the others! Ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

my DD has a cold... I'm not keeping her home from school with a cold. I give her medicine to keep her good all day. If she were throwing up... that'd be a different story or if she had a fever. 

• justpeachy71904
    January 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    To send your kid to school throwing up? Yes there is an option. That's nonsense. I'm sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

sometimes people don't have the option.

• Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    January 9, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Eh. Sometimes my kids go to school feeling just fine and then get sick. I..and the odds are good the kid was contagious the day before as well.....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts