Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
how can i love myself when no one else does?
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM
i feel so unloved. My mom left me when i was a baby, took all my sisters with her, but left me. My husband cheated on me. I feel like i am not good enough for anyone. I have felt like this ever since i could remember, and i think i reached my limit. I can never stay in one place to long cause i feel like ppl get tired of me. I try to please ppl so they will love me, and it never works. Im so sad. I dont remember the last time i was happy :( please tell me to stop whining and get off the pity pot.....by the way happy birthday to me :( not like anyone cares

Replies

• teal_phoenix
    January 9, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Happy birthday

I am sorry people have treated you this way but it has nothing to do with who you are as a person. It has more to do with their lack of love(such as your mother) and commitment(your dh).

I wish I could say something to magically make you feel better but I can't. Have you been in therapy?

• xtwistedxlovex
    January 9, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    How can you expect anyone to love you when you don't love yourself? You need to rely on yourself to be happy; any happiness others might bring you is a BONUS. And truth be told, the more confident and happy you seem, the more people will be drawn to you. If you seem desperate for love you are likely to be taken advantage of and that will only lower your self-esteem even more.

Happy birthday, by the way :-)
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    Change in perspective for ya.. How will you ever see the love around you if you don't first learn to love yourself? *hugs* I know that feeling, it's not a good place :-( Happy birhtday!
  • tossed
    by tossed
    January 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM

I am really sorry. I do know how you feel. My dad tried to kill me when I was 10. I just want to crawl into a hole and die. I am sorry your birthday is not going well and hope you can come up with something special to do for yourself. 

• littlemonaghan
    January 9, 2013 at 4:22 AM

took the words from my mouth.

i repeat this all to often to my best friend...i feel like a broken record

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

How can you expect anyone to love you when you don't love yourself? You need to rely on yourself to be happy; any happiness others might bring you is a BONUS. And truth be told, the more confident and happy you seem, the more people will be drawn to you. If you seem desperate for love you are likely to be taken advantage of and that will only lower your self-esteem even more.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 9, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    I'm sorry you went through alll that, but it doesn't mean you're worthless or anything becvause of what others do. Take a good look at your children and see how beautiful they are, they take after their mom. Happy Birthday!
  • kayshalea
    January 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    Agree

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

• Miss.Mommie.
    January 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    Happy Birthday, mama.
    do you have children? If so, know they love you more than life. That's what I remind myself whenever I feel down.
    I have struggled with feeling good enough forever it seems like. I quit trying to please others and I repeat what I know is awesome about ME to myself anytime I start getting too Hard on myself.
    :) I hope you feel better! Just love YOU and you would be amazed at who falls in love with your self esteem.
  • lmscm
    by lmscm
    January 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    First of all Happy Birthday!! Second, I kinda feel what your feeling. I don't feel loved except by my kids and God. It's very hard at times to even let myself feel it because I've been so hurt. I'm here if you wanna talk. Message me.
  • Not_A_Native
    January 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Happy Birthday!

And really, you need to love yourself before anyone can really love YOU.  YOU are the most important person to please, not someone else.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN