Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Drug testing at birth?
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM

My friend had her baby and kept it, during her pregnancy she had O.Ded and smoked, drank and took pills. She did not lose her baby to CPS till the baby was a year old because she is clearly an unfit mother. We live in Dallas Tx and I am just wondering do they even test you or your baby? Do you have to give them concent? I hear about women doing drugs during their pregnancy and still have their baby and keep them. Have you done drugs or smoked pot druing your pregnancy and not had your baby taken? 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    Most States do not do drug testing at birth of baby and mother. I know mine doesn't. I am in california
  • shylynn22
    January 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    Im in dallas. tbey didnt tezt mine. but i wouldn't have a problem with it. I dont do drugs.
  • got2monsters
    January 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM
    im also around dallas, i have no idea if they tested my kids, they never asked, i never asked, it never came up.
  • Mychele
    by Mychele
    January 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    I don't know if they test. I do not do drugs so they would never find anything if do test. So there would be nothing to report back on.
  • chas1217
    January 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I think in my state if mother has a positive drug test during her pregnancy, they test baby at birth, I'm in MI.

• tiffs2009
    January 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    Here they do (OR) if mother or baby either:
    Show signs of drug use
    Mother tested pos before
    Someone tips them off
  • Charliesmommy11
    January 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    I'm in Oklahoma and the only reason they test the baby here is if drug use was suspected when the mother was admitted. Or if she has a prior drug charge or history of births that tested positive.
  • Jade89
    by Jade89
    January 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM
    I don't know if they do it here

I would be ok with them testing my baby, I don't do drugs or drink

I know a few women who did do them while pregnant and breast feeding and I wish they would've gotten their kids taken
  • anotherandree
    January 9, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I was a state worker for the food stamp/medicaid office in Indiana a few years back.  I know that if a mother was on Medicaid and got pregnant, so was automatically drug tested several times throughout her pregnancy.  If she tested positive at all during her pregnancy, CPS got involved.  I do not know if the baby was automatically taken, but I know that the authorities were contacted.

• Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    January 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM
    If they have reason to suspect drug use or a positive urine screen they do. My OB routinely tests everyone during routine prenatal visits.

My friend gave birth and baby tested pos for thc... She still took baby home. Don't know how on earth she got away with that one... Marijuana is not legal in NY.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts