Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
addiecakesmommy
Girls with boy names S/O
January 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

My oldest daughter's name is Addison. Addison used to be a boy name and a lot of people(on CM) still consider it to be one. That being said, I've never met a little boy or a grown man with the name Addison. I've met a few other little girls with the name though. 

So tell me, does your little girl have a "boy" name? If so, how many boys do you actually know with that name? It can be the other way around too!

Replies

• Anonymous 59
    by Anonymous 59
    January 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My daughters name is Aubrey.  It's a male name.  My grandpa would call her a him all the time to pick on me.  He had an uncle with the name.

• ms.keisha17
    January 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    That's a different way to spell it just don't add the E like u did lol.I don't know anyone name Charlie but I pick that name cause it was my dad name he passed when my mom was pregnant with me
    Quoting MommeeTo4:

• XoiyaCreations
    January 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

yeah no kidding and very good looking.  he's my favorite too.

Quoting jessica31876:

Actually Trace Adkins changed his name to Trace. His is also Tracy...my favorite singer and farrrr from femenine LOL

Quoting XoiyaCreations:

my husband's RN is Lynn but he goes by Alex.  And there is Tracy Byrd, Trace Atkins, and Tracy Lawrence (male country singers), and they don't seem to mind their names.

• cabsmom10
    January 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    My name is originally a boy's name: Bryn. My ds1 is Cameron (a unisex name), dd is Brooklyn and ds2 is Declan.
  • LisaSmock
    January 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    My little boys name is Reilly

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

My boy has a girly name....at least I have seen more girls than boys with it. It's Riley.

• singlemotherof8
    January 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM

My name can be for both and yes, i know a man with not only my first name but that same last name as me and spelled the same way also.

• bcbmami
    by bcbmami
    January 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    I had a girl in my class who's name Was Carter. She's the only one I know, boy or girl

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I have a son, who's name is Carter. I have yet to see a girl with that name.
  • Emmaleigha
    January 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    My son doesn't have a girly name and my daughter doesn't have a boy name but I know a girl named Tristan, a guy named Mackenzie, I have a sister named Bayleigh (Bailey) (I know at least 3 girl with the name), a girl named Tyler, a girl named Spencer, and a lot of guys, girls named Jordan, a girl named Blake, I have a niece named Logan, and a girl named Codee.
    Sorry if that was a lot haha
  • XoiyaCreations
    January 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

well all these names are better the Cocoa, Apple, and whatever all the hollywood parents are naming their kids now a days.

• hayliedlr
    January 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Quoting LucyHarper:

It is to me and just about everyone I know. 

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

It just sounds soft and feminine to me. Also, I've only ever known girls with this name. I can see how it works both ways but it definitely isn't noticeably masculine.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Robin is a derivative of Robert and is the name of so many well known guys I don't know how anyone could think of it as a girls name.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Robin is 100% girls only name here in my region of the US.  However, I know in other regions it is predominately male.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I know two guys named Addison, one is an adult and the other is a kid in my sons class. I don't know any girls with that name. Just saying. My sons names are Tate and Robin, some say Robin is feminine, I think they're crazy.

I know two female Robins personally(1 is my cousin and the other was my bff in school) I knew of a few other Robins in my school also female. I never met a male Robin. I can see it going knob g both ways too aka Robin Wiliams

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts