Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Litlmama87
Code Red, I Need a CM Doctor to Report to this Post Stat...Bring the Chaplain.
January 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I have the flu. Well I've concluded it's the flu, started out as a minor annoying sniffle last week, went away. Returned the other day full throttle, I feel like I need to start dividing my estate up. 😷

Runny nose

Chest pains

Back pains

The worst cough ever, which leads to gagging

Shortness of breath

Headache

Hot flashes/chills

Fever of 101.7

Dizziness/faint

My dr. is still on holiday vacation, I try to avoid the E.R at all costs, but what I've bought over the counter is not working (Mucinex)

So, is this the flu, or am I about to keel over? Both?

I fear I may have to go to the ER & sit with the Muggles :(

No smart ass answers or I'll scratch you out of the running for my gif/meme collection in my will.

Replies

• wrensong
    January 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

If it's been more than two days sincee the onset tamiflu will do no good...My kids got tamiflu since they just started in, I didn't because Ive been sick since Friday

Quoting Sassy762:

You need to go to the ER......they can give you Tamiflu

• MiniMax
    by MiniMax
    January 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I had this last week same thing.... it is the flu but be careful cause the influenza A strain is going around and putting people in the hospital for dehydration, make sure to drink plenty of fluids water if you can. I thought i was dying too still not completely over it but im getting there.

• momof6nokc
    January 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I wouldn't go to the ER as nationwide the ER's are overwhelmed and the wait is hours, not to mention all the germs.   Do you have a quick care clinic you can hit?   And Tamiflu only works if your symptoms started less than 48 hours ago.  

The ER won't do anything for you but confirm your diagnosis and send you home.

• Sassy762

Has it been more than 2 days for OP???

My 9 year has to take it every time he is sick, he had a chest tube a few years ago because of Strep Throat/Pneumonia

Feel better OP

Quoting wrensong:

If it's been more than two days sincee the onset tamiflu will do no good...My kids got tamiflu since they just started in, I didn't because Ive been sick since Friday

Quoting Sassy762:

You need to go to the ER......they can give you Tamiflu

• Litlmama87
    Usually when I cough, the upper back pain is constant though, I don't know if that's also respiratory?

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

the chest pains, are they from the cough, like in your lungs, or something else?

we don't mess around with chest pains, if it's not your lungs when cough you should go to the er!! 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Stay away from the muggles. They carry really bad germs.  

• momof6nokc
    January 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

You may have pulled a muscle from all the coughing.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Usually when I cough, the upper back pain is constant though, I don't know if that's also respiratory?

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

the chest pains, are they from the cough, like in your lungs, or something else?

we don't mess around with chest pains, if it's not your lungs when cough you should go to the er!! 

• Litlmama87
    Yeah I forgot the ear pain :(

Feel better!

Quoting momof6nokc:

Same thing here with an added stabbing ear pain, 101.8 temp., body aches all the way down to my toes, headache, fatigue.

I'm taking hot steamy showers, using a heating pad on my body aches, drinking OJ and hot tea with honey and lots of soup.

it's a miserable flu strain this year.  :o(

• Pink.Frosting

If you can't go to the doctor, just go to a rapid care clinic.  That's better (and cheaper) than the ER.

• meka26
    by meka26

I feel your pain. I had a virus a few days ago. I thought I was dying. Get well soon!!!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN