Mom Confessions

louzannalady
**UPDATE** I put on make up, a nice shirt, jeans, a necklace and wore my hair down....
January 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM

And he didn't notice... : *(   I am one of the ones whose husband married her, even though she was a jean and t-shirt, no make-up kinda gal. Six years of marriage this last November and I read the posts lately about spicing things up and actually looking decent when he comes home. Did not bat an eye.... So much for that... 

**UPDATE BELOW**

VICTORY! I told him that I was checked the status of a poor lady who posted on CM about how she wore make-up, a new shirt, her hair down and a necklace and her husband said nothing to her about it. He felt really bad and asked if it was me who posted. I said yes! He hugged me and said he did not notice the makeup, but that I looked beautiful! He was very sweet and kind to me! : ) Sometimes, I forget that they don't take hints and need more of a direct approach! Maybe, I'll find it in my schedule to look a bit nicer from now on, even if it is just for me! : ) 

Replies

• LaceNBklyn
    January 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    Sometimes you don't notice things on the first try. Don't give up.
  • SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    January 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    Not that he didnt take notice, he probably just thought you would look the same and didnt bother to look up
    Kind of like a habit already
    Expecting the same ole same ole
  • 1wildchild
    January 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Keep at it consistently, I'm sure he'll notice. Sometimes doing something once doesn't catch their attention.

• adhaodd1child
    January 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    I'm sorry I've had that happen before and said something so now he pays attention
  • charmgirl
    January 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    How about next time when he walks in the door and youe dressed up like that, demand his attention. Shove him up against the wall and kiss him like u two are teenagers :)
  • SRUsarahSC
    January 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM

if  I do that ( I work from home, in sweats) mine thinks he forgot some plans we had for that night and panics trying to figure out what it is. 

• Momof5kids84
    January 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Awwww, don't be too terribly hard on him.  Men tend to be daft sometimes.  I say, give it another shot.  Of course, my DH always notices if I try to look good. lol

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    January 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM

My husband only notices if he sees before and after. lol If he's home and sees me walking around in my Pj's then I go shower and do my hair and makeup he gets all grabby. He'll tell me how nice I look. I look like that every day when he gets home from work and he doesn't even notice. lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM

• momma-flynn
    January 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Walk around naked. He'll notice that lol 

Mom Confessions