Mom Confessions

Anonymous
i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE
by Anonymous
January 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Maybe she has medical issues? Or maybe she has an elderly parent with medical needs? Either way, it's none of your business. She has earned those sick days.

• AA2.0
    by AA2.0
    January 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Um, it's NONE of your business why she's missing so much. I would imagine if her missing so many days were a problem, the school would handle it. Most teachers don't get paid for taking too many days off. When they run out of PTO, just like the rest of us, they no longer get paid when they miss. And you were WAY out of line to get her home number from someone in her family in order to HARASS her at home. Which is EXACTLY what you did. That is harassment and completely out of line.

Mom Confessions