Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE
by Anonymous
January 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?

Replies

• marney.p
    January 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM

You have no social skills and are misssing an emotional compass. I suggest you get a life. Get out into the real world. You are a terrible role model for your child.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM
    Get off your high horse. You don't need to know as long as your child is being taught by someone
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    My sons teacher is gone ine week a month for education seminars required by the state. She has to have so many hours per month to teach. She doesn't tell the other parents more than she will be out and that she can be contacted via email. I know why because I have been asking her about certifications and state requirements etc as I am going to school to be a special needs teacher.

Pull your head out of your ass.
  • doulala
    by doulala
    January 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM

No.   lol   You don't "deserve" to know what is going on with the teacher, that is personal.

You do deserve to hear what the principal will do to ensure her return and keeping her there *or* replacing her.    

• TattooedMomto4
    January 9, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Maybe she is sick? Maybe her husband or child is sick? Maybe she's caring for a sick parent or sibling? It's REALLY none of your business to know her personal life.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    YOU are responsible for your child, does that mean you don't get a personal life either? While I agree that something should be done about the kids not getting a proper education, to calling her personal cell phone is WAY out of line. Then to say no teacher is allowed a personal life is pretty ridiculous.

Quoting LyTe684:

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Anonymous:

When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

• mrsrodgers0703
    January 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    Exactly!

Quoting doulala:

No.   lol   You don't "deserve" to know what is going on with the teacher, that is personal.

You do deserve to hear what the principal will do to ensure her return and keeping her there *or* replacing her.    

• xtina8817
    January 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

No, its NOT her business to know what's wrong with the teacher. If she's concerned about her kids learning, when she calls the school she needs to ask about THAT, not the teachers personal life.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    Actually they do NOT have to tell you why a teacher is NOT at work. They have substitutes to tend to your child. That's all that should matter.
  • ididntdoit111
    January 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Quoting edelweiss23:

Don't make an ass of yourself.

Maybe she has health concerns that are quite frankly none of your business.

Yup. Or a sick adult child or other family member? And btw Edelweiss...Love your SN. I had a kitty named  Edelweiss. My german friend suggested it!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts