Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE
by Anonymous
January 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Maybe she has cancer or something. Don't be a bitch. It is NONE of your business where she is. If you don't like it, move your kid to another class.

• thatgirl70
    January 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM

She could have health issues and neither she or the school is required to inform you of that. 

• SkullGoddess
    January 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

If the teacher was doing wild stuff in the classroom, then i can see you trying to get to the bottom of it but to get her personal number and call her to inquire why she's not in school is what i like to say "you're doing the most".

Besides, the Principal can't tell you this woman business, that's crossing the line. As long as your kid is getting an education, everything will be just fine. 

• daisyb
    by daisyb
    January 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM

NO- you do not have a Right to know Why she is out so much- you sound ridiculous Demanding to know- that's a little over the top; don't you think?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Maybe she has cancer or something it really is her business, transfer your kid to another class or school, if you don't like it.

• Gwynyth
    by Gwynyth
    January 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

WOW!!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

• happy41ce
    January 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    You are a loony bitch
  • jadsmummy
    January 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    Wow you lack common sense and respect for others.
  • twitchandsnore
    January 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM

It could be a medical reason. Maybe she's battling cancer. Maybe she suffers from another disease. I get that it's frustrating that she's not there but she obviously has something going on that's none of your business.

• purplerobin
    January 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

As a future teacher, I call BULL. I would be responsible for your child getting instruction from me that is developmentally appropriate, at the right grade level, and presented in his/her learning style. I would be responsible for observing him/her along with other students' progress, and listening for inquiries that can be possible starting points for future curriculum and projects. I would be responsible for  finding out where his/her thinking is on a subject, asking questions and posing problems that encourage him/her to test his/her theories, and take his/her thinking to the next level, or think about a problem in a different way. I would be responsible for teaching him/her study strategies, respectful, safe, and responsible behavior and encouraging him/her to make good choices.

I WOULD BE, however entitled to a private life outside my classroom. If I have leave built up that I need to use for some reason during the school year, I have EVERY RIGHT to use it and I will NOT answer to a parent who's decided to make a jerk out of themselves as to why. If you tried to invade my private life I would tell you where to go and how to get there in a hurry. If teachers never take any time to attend to their personal lives and nurture themselves, they end up burnt out. That isn't good for anyone in the educational process.

Now kindly get off your high horse, mkay?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts