Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
i want to know why my kids teacher is GONE
by Anonymous
January 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My third graders teacher has been gone constantly this school year. She's in her mid fifties otherwise I'd think she was pregnant or parting or on drugs. She will be gone sometimes a couple weeks at a time and refuses to say why. We've only been back since Wednesday and she's only been there two days!!! I know I'm a stay at home mom but when I worked I didn't get days off like that. I got the teachers phone number from someone I know that is her second cousion and she got mad when I called and the teacher told me not to call! What the hell?! You're a teacher, you're supposed to answer school and he questions. I guess she doesn't care about my kid. The priniipal refuses to tell me why the teacher is out so much. As a parent, I deserve to know. How can I make them tell me?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    I will. Thanks that'd be a great idea. She needs to be fired for being irresponsible

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd go to the school board.  And for those saying her kid is still getting an education, it's not a good one.  As a former teacher I HATED calling out sick because the subs were pretty much useless.  If she is gone that much it is definitely affecting the children's learning.  In some states, all you need is a HS diploma to sub.  Having a different sub every few days is NOT the same as being taught by a qualified teacher.

• robsgurl_23
    January 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Why do you feel you personally need to know someone elses business? It is their personal life away from yoir child. Yes she is the teacher and she probably has a really good reason but it is none of your business. Like others have said it could be a medical reason or something happened in her family. You have no right finding her phone number and calling her home. If you are that concerned about your childs teacher not being there then see about having your child moved to a different classroom where the teacher is there more often.
  • mysticalmalissa
    January 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Oh lordy.....

• SweetPea2004

No it isn't her business if she doesn't like it request a teacher change.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is her business if her child's education is suffering.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's none of your business. Maybe she has a medical condition that she does want to disclose because she doesn't want her students to know.

• jbirdsladie27
    Agrees

Quoting Anonymous:

Its really non of your buisness
  • AutymsMommy

It isn't your business. For the love of pete, I hope you're a troll. Call her at home? Seriously? Psycho much or just an entitlement complex?

• ausomezombie2.0
    January 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    Wow
  • angie729

Its really none of your business. Maybe she is sick or a close family member is very sick.

• cmabbott

No, you don't deserve to know.  I had a teacher that went through chemo and radiation and was out of the classroom for months when I was in Middle School.  The only reason I found this out was she passed away the following year.  Maybe people don't want to broadcast that they are sick.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    When you are responsible for my kid, you don't get a private life

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

You DESERVE to know HER private life?! Seriously? You need to back off. You are completely out of line.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts