Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
momofmany86
HPV vaccine... *Small edit*
January 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM

My stepson was due for shots - TWO of them - in order to return to school. I can't remember what the two shots were, but he ended up getting six. One of the six was the HPV vaccine.

Just FYI: I did not take him to get his shots, his BM did. DH & I do not vaccinate our children together. We did until the age of 3 when one suddenly had extreme signs of aggression & still struggles with it. Our 6 year old twins were vaccinated until 3, our 4 year old until 1, and our almost 2 year old has had no shots.

Anyway, when BM dropped him off after getting his shots, she told me how many he got. My jaw dropped, four shots that were not required for him to return to school were given to him - I'm really wishing I would have just written a letter saying we no longer vaccinate, but it's too late for that. So he got a chicken pox booster, and the HPV. I'm not sure what others he got, but those are the 'extras' that she told me about. The first thing out of my mouth was "Gardasil, you got him the Gardasil shot?!!?" She immediately looked appauled and said "NO!" .... I've been researching since I got home this evening (I had a long day at the hospital with one of the twins), and the only shot I can find for boys is, in fact, gardasil.

There have been a lot of deaths and serious life altering side effects because of this shot. I'm devestated by the fact that she unnecessarily gave her son (a child who has lived in my home and been a part of my life for almost 8 years, and I raise everyday) a shot that she had no idea what it was.

What is your stance on Gardasil? Is it something you would give your child? Especially a 12 year old who isn't even interested in the opposite sex?

BM texted me today to ask if SS was okay. I told her he has had headaches for the last two days, but that I didn't know how he was today since DH gets him off for school & I sleep with the littles til' they get up. "Okay thanks. I read up on the shot and the paralysis it may cause and don't want him to be worried about it. I believe we worry about it enough." was what she said in response. I think she's a bit worried about it now that she realizes that she gave him this specific shot without even thinking about what it was. She just assumed they wouldn't give him something dangerous? What, like wheat isn't dangerous to his body, and you continue to give it to him? ... Whatever, I'm really irritated.

Replies

• PinkButterfly66
    January 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM

We've talked about it and she doesn't want it, and she won't change her mind.  She's 15.  And, sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.  

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

She's not going to.  She is a smart, intelligent young lady who understands that this vaccine is not the panacea that Merck wants everyone to think it is.  She knows that it is full of dangerous adjuncts and has hurt many young girls.  

Well. . .I think that "smart, intelligent young ladies" can come to differing opinions, particularly when they seek guidance on topics from people other than their parents.

• 2girlsMom.MN
    January 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM

My daughter is 11. After a lengthy discussion with my pediatrician we decided to do the vaccine. No problems whatsoever. She goes back at the end of January for her 2nd dose. 

PROUD that I vaccinate!

• MsDenuninani
    January 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for taking on this argument and making actual sense.

• MsDenuninani
    January 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

What are you referring to?  Seriously, I have no clue what basis you're drawing that conclusion from.

Don't think it's crazy that to suggest that if someone seeks guidance from someone other than their parents, they might change their mind.  If she does not seek guidance from anyone else, than I'm sure she won't.

What about suggests to you that I "don't know what [I'm] talking about?" 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

We've talked about it and she doesn't want it, and she won't change her mind.  She's 15.  And, sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.  

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

She's not going to.  She is a smart, intelligent young lady who understands that this vaccine is not the panacea that Merck wants everyone to think it is.  She knows that it is full of dangerous adjuncts and has hurt many young girls.  

Well. . .I think that "smart, intelligent young ladies" can come to differing opinions, particularly when they seek guidance on topics from people other than their parents.

• rachel499
    January 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM

just say no!

• LiDoMama
    January 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    I don't know enough about it to decide either way. I'd research it first when the time comes.
  • Apollos82
    January 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    I don't vax, but I especially don't vax for STDs!
  • Anonymous 30
    by Anonymous 30
    January 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM

It has cleared up but the doctor told me to get the vaccine because of other strains

Quoting kailu1835:

Wait, I'm confused.  If your daughter already contracted HPV, and it didn't clear up by the time she's old enough for the shot, then the shot would do 0 good.  It does not protect against HPV if you already have HPV.  And she wouldn't be at a higher risk for HPV than any other sexually active youth, just because she had it when she was 2.

Quoting Anonymous:

my dd will get it when she is old enough. dr recomened after she got hpv at age 2 for me having a vaginal birth. they told me she wouldnt get it because i had the form that causes cancer. she was treated when younger and has had no signs since but at risk fot it

• momofmany86
    January 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM

There is an edit at the bottom of my post in orange.

• PinkButterfly66
    January 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

You don't know what you are talking about when you're referring to myself or my daughter.  That  is what I am referring to.  My daughter and I are both intelligent enough to NOT get the gardisil vaccine.  BTW... did you know that the scientist who helped develop the vaccine recommends that parents NOT get their children vaccinated with it?  She has spoken openly about it, too.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

What are you referring to?  Seriously, I have no clue what basis you're drawing that conclusion from.

Don't think it's crazy that to suggest that if someone seeks guidance from someone other than their parents, they might change their mind.  If she does not seek guidance from anyone else, than I'm sure she won't.

What about suggests to you that I "don't know what [I'm] talking about?" 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN