Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Proud black woman.....*ETA*
by Anonymous
January 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
So we are in the store and my 3 year old is always asking "what's that?" He says it to people or toys....whatever.

There was a black lady beside us and my son said "what's that?" Apparently she was offended cause she looks at him and says "I am a proud black woman" I said that's nice and walked off

I mean he was three.....

***she wasn't nice when she said it and he meant to say who not what but that's just how he says it right now.

Replies

• Grumpylilpixy
    January 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I would understand calling a person a "WHAT" at 1-2 but at 3. You need to educate him.. Seriously???????

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol he says it to white people too. My post doesn't say he says it to only blacks.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Umm.. I don't know why your child would even do that?

I have 3 little white boys but they didn't point out other people of race and ask "Whats that?"

• Fallaya
    by Fallaya
    January 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    Chill out...it's just cafemom...lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

and does it SAY "all" black women do that? no. it doesn't.  and i have heard MANY MANY times 'i am a PROUD black man!/woman!" like really? now how does that help the racial divide? like really. i don't "identify" myself as a white person on anything other than gov't forms where i check "caucasion"  or "not aboriginal"  

i don't go around ranting and raving about being white. 

i am not saying all AA people do that, but it seems like a lot do.

and before you pull it out, i am NOT racist.

Quoting Fallaya:

We don't all do that...stop stereotyping.

Quoting Anonymous:

how come black women do that anyway?

like when will you ever hear a white girl saying "i'm a PROUD white woman!"

it just sounds stupid.

like seriously. you are human, female, and bleed red. wtf else matters?

• livn4hevn
    January 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Awe that sucks.

My son was learning about black history in Feb last year and we were doing a church production. we were at practice when my son (5 at the time) said "Did you have to sit in the back of the bus to get here?". And then asked if he knew Rosa Parks.

The guy was SUPER nice. He sat and talked with my son for a long time about how Rosa Parks helped him sit in the front of the bus, and they discussed Martin Luther King Jr, and a list of other people together. At the end, my son said "I don't care where you sit on the bus, I would sit next to you."

I think it's totally okay for littles to be curious and ask questions. It's up to the parents, or the "stranger" to help the child understand that differences are okay. And to also understand that it's not polite to stare, or be mean. Best way to teach that is to have real-life experiences.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    Lol. He has only been 3 for a month. I didn't realize the second he turned 3 that should immediately stop.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I would understand calling a person a "WHAT" at 1-2 but at 3. You need to educate him.. Seriously???????

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol he says it to white people too. My post doesn't say he says it to only blacks.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I have 3 little white boys but they didn't point out other people of race and ask "Whats that?"

• Grumpylilpixy
    January 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Maybe for a 1-2 yr old. But not for a 3 yr old.. Seriously? Whats that?

Quoting Sparkey6987:

Some kids do. My older son pointed at people a few times and said "what's that?". I'd just say "not what, who. That's a person. Why don't you say hi, and see what his/her name is?"...I only added the last part if the person heard him.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

• armstrong7984
    January 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM

i once walked up to some fat lady i guess when i was 3 and asked her why she was fat. Lady didnt get defensive she knew i was just a child. but my mom was super embrassed and knowing her probably LOL.

• Anonymous 21
    by Anonymous 21
    January 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

My daughter saw a black guy on t.v. today and said: "Chocolate". lol

• Grumpylilpixy
    January 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

SMH! You need to educate your child if he calls a person a 
    "WHAT" at 3 period. He should know What a person is at 2-3... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. He has only been 3 for a month. I didn't realize the second he turned 3 that should immediately stop.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

• tastelikeyum
    January 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    Nor did you say "some" black women either. You said "black women" so yes Hun that does fall under ALL incase you didn't know.

Quoting Anonymous:

and does it SAY "all" black women do that? no. it doesn't.  and i have heard MANY MANY times 'i am a PROUD black man!/woman!" like really? now how does that help the racial divide? like really. i don't "identify" myself as a white person on anything other than gov't forms where i check "caucasion"  or "not aboriginal"  

i don't go around ranting and raving about being white. 

i am not saying all AA people do that, but it seems like a lot do.

and before you pull it out, i am NOT racist.

Quoting Fallaya:

We don't all do that...stop stereotyping.

Quoting Anonymous:

how come black women do that anyway?

like when will you ever hear a white girl saying "i'm a PROUD white woman!"

it just sounds stupid.

like seriously. you are human, female, and bleed red. wtf else matters?

• theresaphilly
    January 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Was this your child's first time seeing a black woman?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN