Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
do you consider yourself Christian????....
by Anonymous
January 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Even if you don't go to church and neither do you read the bible or pray ??
Or because you went there a couple of times???
Or because you have family that's Christian that go to church???

I see alot of people around me calling themselves Christians and they don't even go to church, then thres some who be calling themselves Christians because their families go to church...
My point is why would you called yourself that if you don't even have no type of relationship with god or neither have you accepted him???
I mean i was raised in church forcefully by my family growing up up until 15 yrs old.. then as i got older i stop going because it just didn't feel right going knowing i wasn't feeling the church where i was assisting or knowing i wasn't gonna pay any attention. If i go to church again someday is because deep in my heart im gonna want to have a relationship back with god. But right up until know i don't wanna call myself Christian knowing im not going to church or neither do i have a relationship with god at all.br />

Replies

• thetrollcat
    January 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM

what difference does it make if I do or do not go to church? What is the point when I cannot hear anyhow?

• camsmami
    January 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Going to church doesn't make you any more of a Christian than standing in a garage makes you a car.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Don't you think is disrespectful fooling yourself and im gods eyes calling yourself Christian knowing you dont even assisting church or read the bible???

Quoting thetrollcat:

what difference does it make if I do or do not go to church? What is the point when I cannot hear anyhow?

• ..MoonShine..
    January 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in a garage makes you a car. 

• moneysaver6
    January 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    She didn't say that she doesn't read the Bible. She said she doesn't go to church...and for a valid reason, no less.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't you think is disrespectful fooling yourself and im gods eyes calling yourself Christian knowing you dont even assisting church or read the bible???

Quoting thetrollcat:

• camsmami
    Being a real Christian comes with so much more then just going to church. Its a whole way of life. Im a Christian and i still mess up and make mistakes. Im not perfect, but Gods love for me is. Im lucky enough to wake up to a new day each morning. I make mistakes and i may say wrong things. But luckily there's forgiveness.

Anyone that says that a "real" Christian always goes to church, should realize. Jesus spent more time in the street and in the world then he did in church.
  • marie2409
    "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car"

I know you know people who sit in those church pews every Sunday praising God, then cheating on their spouse repeatedly and other such things. Just like there are pwople who never set foot in a church and are very "christian-like".

Never understood what being in a church building had to do with religion.
  • moneysaver6
    Going to church doesn't make one a Christian. Not going to church doesn't make you no longer a Christian.
  • thetrollcat
    January 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM

How does going to church sitting there staring at the wall because I cannot hear going to make me a better christian? I am deaf, you understand? I don't hear anything. I just sit there for two long boring hours shuffling around.

As for christianity, I get what you are saying and in a great deal of cases I agree, however, being a "christian" is not what gets you to heaven or brings you closer to God, or devoted to God.

I have seen many people that attend church and are the furthest away from God "thinking" they are God's devoted ones. These same people put on a "show" act all holy and falling down crying and blah blah, then when church is over its like others don't exist their behaviors are terrible.

So no, I wouldn't say church in any way makes you better christian or closer to God or devoted to your faith.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

• Mommy980106
    January 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    You don't have to go to church to be a christian. You can easily worship at home, in your car, volunteering at a shelter.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts