Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How Come SAHMS Make All The Top Conversations?
by Anonymous
January 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Everytime I log on to CM I see another SAHM post had made a top conversation.

I am a SAHM and have been for many years.Why the SAHM obsession from everyone?From what we do all day,to posts about we are ruining our lives,or resenting our kids??Are you kidding me!

Can anyone say anything nice about us?Like how devoted we are to our family,how much we love our husbands and kids,the sacrafices we make to be at home,and how beloved and appreciated we are by our family.

I get tired of the put downs and assumptions.

Replies

• priceless3238
    January 6, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    People talk about both working moms and SAHM.

I personally would go crazy staying home all day everyday and i hate cleaning and cooking so i wouldnt be a great SAHM
  • bahamamama61
    January 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    I've been a Working Mom & a Stay @ Home Mom, an I think they're both Great! It's whatever works for you! :)
  • JLah
    by JLah
    January 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Oh please. Maybe SAHM are jealous that we do everything they do in half the time. My days off are great. I get everything done in the morning before 10 am. I have the rest of the day til about 4 to do what I want.

Quoting Anonymous:

because the working moms are jealous

• priceless3238
    January 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    Jealous of what?

Quoting Anonymous:

• dlnimo
    by dlnimo
    January 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    I have done both and each is hard. I live my own life and would never try to tell someone how hard or easy theirs is.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM

getting to go out and earn a paycheck.

Quoting priceless3238:

Jealous of what?

Quoting Anonymous:

• priceless3238
    January 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    That made no sense. Working moms are jealous of going out and making a paycheck?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting priceless3238:

Jealous of what?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM

it's too early.....and i havent had coffee cuz i wrote the wrong thing on the wrong post....time to go make the donuts

Quoting priceless3238:

That made no sense. Working moms are jealous of going out and making a paycheck?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting priceless3238:

Jealous of what?

Quoting Anonymous:

• crazymammy25
    January 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM

All mums have a tough job whether they work or stay at home, just a different type of tough.

I know women who love staying at home, some that love to work. Others long to go to work and some wish they were at home more.

We spend so much time beating ourselves and each other up for not 'doing it right' that we miss seeing how strong we can be and what great mothers and women we really are for the sacrifices we make for our families, whatever those sacrifices may be!

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 6, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    I agree with this. I was a sahm and it was much easier than working full time, still being responsible for the home and missing out on things with my kids.
    I make true sacrifices. I pumped at work for my daughters first year, I routinely don't see my son but for an hour maybe a day. I have left my son in tears because I have to work again. I miss so much and it doesn't ever get easier.
    Staying at home, yeah I went a little nuts sometimes but I got to be home with my kids.
    Sahm, you are a lucky lady.

Quoting Anonymous:

sacrifices? sacrifices???

when you get 4 hours of sleep in between work shifts, and when your work schedule only allows you to see your kids for 2 hours every few days you can call it sacrifice.

i was a sahm for 6 years. i would love to give up my sacrifice to be able to be one again.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN