Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ninjakids
online classes.
January 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Just looking to see if anyone ever done online classes... I failed one of my classes this term, & i was not allowed to continue the second half. In order to receive my credit for the course and remain fulltime i have to do it online ( no inclass classes until sept. ). I will be in school for my other courses (3) & online for one. How did you find it compared to inclass learning?

Replies

• anotherhalf
    January 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I have done it.  Its easy.  Less distracting and more convenient for me anyway.

• AngeLnChainZ
    January 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM

It depends on the person.. I have done it and prefer it over a classroom BUT I know others who just don't have the mindset to do it.

• illinoismommy83
    January 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I think online classes are... different. You HAVE to study because you don't have that 2-4 hours of lecture. You have to make time for it. I prefer online classes because I want to "do" college from 9-midnight and 5-7 am when I can have quiet time.

A lot of people do the bare minimum and don't read and wonder why they do poorly in online classes. You have to be disciplined.

The best advice I have is ignore due dates and turn everything in early. If an assignment is due on Thursday you should have it turned in on Monday. That way if the world ends on a Sunday and you are majorly hurt and in the hospital, you have that buffer.

• toopicky429
    January 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    Sometimes it's easier, and sometimes there is a lot more work involved. I take most of my classes online.
  • ninjakids
    January 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    Im worried if i get stumped again i wont have the one on one attention from being in class. :(

Quoting anotherhalf:

• VannaMae307
    January 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I like online classes better because my college is heavily research based and I learn a lot more that way. Writing 2-3 page papers, 3 times a week, will burn something into my brain a lot better than "oh shit there's a quiz tomorrow" and cramming it in all at once.

I am doing an online college for accounting and it is still research based. It's definitely not easy, I have learned more about more corporate and private companies than I ever thought I'd really care for. But, I am learning way more than if it was quizzing and stuff, because that's my learning style.

• anotherhalf
    January 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Quoting ninjakids:

Im worried if i get stumped again i wont have the one on one attention from being in class. :(

Quoting anotherhalf:

It was so long ago, but I think the teacher may have had office hours.  There was interaction with the professor, and we could ask questions, I just can't remember how exactly that happened.  You'll be fine.

• TAG_ur_it
    January 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM

i haven't yet, but i have several friends who swear by online classes. 

• ninjakids
    January 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
    When i was veiwing the online section it said i would be assigned a prospect to do my tests with and id have to bring in my id etc to prove it was me & all that. However a friend of mine did this same course only all online last year she said she was just given a test online. So im not sure how that works..the college is about 20-30 mins & ill be there 5 days a week anyway for my other classes, alrhough Id rather do papers than tests (im a horrible test taker)

Quoting VannaMae307:

I like online classes better because my college is heavily research based and I learn a lot more that way. Writing 2-3 page papers, 3 times a week, will burn something into my brain a lot better than "oh shit there's a quiz tomorrow" and cramming it in all at once.

I am doing an online college for accounting and it is still research based. It's definitely not easy, I have learned more about more corporate and private companies than I ever thought I'd really care for. But, I am learning way more than if it was quizzing and stuff, because that's my learning style.

• ninjakids
    January 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    The first half (monday-may) will be all stuff i did sept-dec. So the first half of that is easy, i got stuck from the last month of classes :(

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I think online classes are... different. You HAVE to study because you don't have that 2-4 hours of lecture. You have to make time for it. I prefer online classes because I want to "do" college from 9-midnight and 5-7 am when I can have quiet time.

A lot of people do the bare minimum and don't read and wonder why they do poorly in online classes. You have to be disciplined.

The best advice I have is ignore due dates and turn everything in early. If an assignment is due on Thursday you should have it turned in on Monday. That way if the world ends on a Sunday and you are majorly hurt and in the hospital, you have that buffer.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN