Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Im Pathetic BEcause I bought my own rings???!! WTF
by Anonymous
January 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

Replies

• MidnightRambler
    January 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that her fiance, being a grown man, would have said "no" if he didn't want to get married. From the sounds of it, he didn't propose because she had clearly stated in the past that she didn't want to get married. No one wants to propose to someone and be rejected!

Not that this is the same situation as yours, LadySlimm - I know it isn't - but my aunt and uncle lived together for years and he showed no sign of wanting to get married. My aunt basically gave him the date when it was going to happen. They have been married almost forty years now and no, they are not miserable together.

Quoting LadySlimm:

HE picked the date, thank you. And my story is on page 5 about why I proposed

Quoting Anonymous:

This guy probably doesn't have a clue he's even getting married soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

This screams desperate to me.

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

• LadySlimm
    January 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    See? You understood perfectly. There are some smart women on here. :-)

Quoting MidnightRambler:

I'm pretty sure that her fiance, being a grown man, would have said "no" if he didn't want to get married. From the sounds of it, he didn't propose because she had clearly stated in the past that she didn't want to get married. No one wants to propose to someone and be rejected!

Not that this is the same situation as yours, LadySlimm - I know it isn't - but my aunt and uncle lived together for years and he showed no sign of wanting to get married. My aunt basically gave him the date when it was going to happen. They have been married almost forty years now and no, they are not miserable together.

Quoting LadySlimm:

HE picked the date, thank you. And my story is on page 5 about why I proposed

Quoting Anonymous:

This guy probably doesn't have a clue he's even getting married soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

This screams desperate to me.

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM

well women wana be equal to men so ..

• VintageWife
    January 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Congrats on the rings and wedding! How silly that she'd wait years on end just to have a big ring.

• Diamepphyre
    January 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Meh.  $6k is really not going to get you anything of size *and* quality.  Regardless, I don't have one because I never could see spending that much money for a rock to wear on my finger.  That's money better spent on, I dunno, a downpayment for a house.

• britishmummy
    January 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I'm confused why everyone is talking trash?
    My husband never got me an engagement ring, we spoke about marriage, we planned it, we got married. I have a small crystal ring and our pure gold bands. But DH ordered me a lovely ring bridal set we're still waiting on after almost 2 years of marriage (I chose the ring in October btw ll)

Good for you for helping your husband. I can't stand women who expect the world to revolve 1 certain way. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts