Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Im Pathetic BEcause I bought my own rings???!! WTF
by Anonymous
January 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    This screams desperate to me.

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)
  • cLanief
    by cLanief
    January 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    It's no different than a ring bought with a joint account.
  • TitaniumBiscuit
    January 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I bought mine and DH's wedding rings.  No biggie.  3.5 years later, we are still very happy.  

• AnastasiaKorsh
    January 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I picked out my engagement ring. I also picked out our wedding bands. I didn't buy them though. Whatever works, imho.

If you'd rather save up waiting for a ring, whateve.

• layawatling
    Weird. But whatever.
  • wumbo
    by wumbo

Um, this is not a post on traditional ring practices.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um,the man is traditionally supposed to buy the rings.

Quoting wumbo:

Did you buy your husbands wedding ring? Just wondering. 

Quoting beerebelly:

You bought your own ring? Tacky.

• Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9

Fuck her! I bought my ring from Walmart hours before the wedding and DH bought his at the mall.

I'm saving up for a diamond and there's a jewelry store down the street. I've always been an independent woman and no one is going to get me down because they feel bad about their situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

• deadlights86
    January 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I bought my and dh wedding bands... It was only 200 for the pair.

• Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    January 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

How??? Only thing that should matter is that two people are happy together in the decision that was made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

This guy probably doesn't have a clue he's even getting married soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN