Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Im Pathetic BEcause I bought my own rings???!! WTF
by Anonymous
January 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    Um,the man is traditionally supposed to buy the rings.

Quoting wumbo:

Did you buy your husbands wedding ring? Just wondering. 

Quoting beerebelly:

You bought your own ring? Tacky.

• anotherhalf

I wouldn't marry a man who couldn't afford to buy me a ring.  I also wouldn't be in some childish competition with a "fake" sil. 

• LucyHourglass

i would not marry a man who couldnt afford a ring... how is he going to be able to afford supporting a family? and yes very tacky.

• SRUsarahSC

DH bought my ring, to me it meant something because he had to save for it, which showed commitment to me. I bought his wedding band, but it wasn't nearly as expensive :) I personally would not have bought my own ring.  

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

LOL Your df is probably laughing at all that. You are a sucker, and way to be desperate. Does he know he is getting married soon?

• Twix.Leigh
    Awesome!! If things stay this way I'll buy ours too, with him being stay at home daddy.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7

MY DH paid for my engagement ring and wedding band, and I paid for his wedding band.  They costed bout the same..But then again we paid $282.00 total for all 3 rings :)....I LOVE my rings, and he loves his.

But really who cares who paid for them? To each his/her own I guess.

• mama_cullum
    Dh bought my wedding ring and I bought his.
  • kngarber
    I thought part of the proposal was the ring. Regardless, you're happy and that's all that matters.
  • Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    January 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    Ummmmm fail.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts