Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Im Pathetic BEcause I bought my own rings???!! WTF
by Anonymous
January 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    Um,the man is traditionally supposed to buy the rings.

Quoting wumbo:

Did you buy your husbands wedding ring? Just wondering. 

Quoting beerebelly:

You bought your own ring? Tacky.

• anotherhalf

I wouldn't marry a man who couldn't afford to buy me a ring.  I also wouldn't be in some childish competition with a "fake" sil. 

• LucyHourglass

i would not marry a man who couldnt afford a ring... how is he going to be able to afford supporting a family? and yes very tacky.

• SRUsarahSC

DH bought my ring, to me it meant something because he had to save for it, which showed commitment to me. I bought his wedding band, but it wasn't nearly as expensive :) I personally would not have bought my own ring.  

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

LOL Your df is probably laughing at all that. You are a sucker, and way to be desperate. Does he know he is getting married soon?

• Twix.Leigh
    Awesome!! If things stay this way I'll buy ours too, with him being stay at home daddy.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7

MY DH paid for my engagement ring and wedding band, and I paid for his wedding band.  They costed bout the same..But then again we paid $282.00 total for all 3 rings :)....I LOVE my rings, and he loves his.

But really who cares who paid for them? To each his/her own I guess.

• mama_cullum
    Dh bought my wedding ring and I bought his.
  • kngarber
    I thought part of the proposal was the ring. Regardless, you're happy and that's all that matters.
  • Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    January 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    Ummmmm fail.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email