Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Is it wrong of me to get mad at him for eating in front of the kids?
by Anonymous
January 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Here's the situation:

Ex is coming over to visit the kids today. He asks if the kids have eaten lunch yet. I say no because I haven't much to eat here since I haven't been to the store yet. (plus they got up at noon & ate breakfast then) So he says when he gets here I can go to the store. I said I wasn't prepared to go just yet but I did plan on it. He then tells me he will wait til I get back from the store to go get himself something to eat. I get mad & said "that's real nice just eat in front of them!" & hung up.

My problem is he knows I can't afford to get fast food whenever but yet he flaunts it in front of the kids every time he is over. I don't understand why he can't eat before he comes over to see them! Am I wrong for wanting him to eat before he gets here? This way they aren't begging him for food or me to go get them fast food!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Why cant they just eat it with him then ??
  • jillbailey26
    January 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

As in why doesn't he buy them some too? Or why don't I fix something for them? Because he is cheap. And because like I explained I can't afford it myself nor do I have the food in the house right now for them to eat lunch. I planned on going to the store child free when he came over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why cant they just eat it with him then ??

• 1stpreggers
    January 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    Or you could just feed them before he gets there.
  • Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM

If I could afford to get them fast food I would but I can't. It's not something I budget for because it's not something we need. I do budget for Littel Ceasars Pizza once every 2 weeks when I get paid because it's $15 for all of us to eat & fast food for 6 would cost way more than that!

Quoting jillbailey26:

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

• weezee80
    January 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    Mmmmm that would cause an argument. He should know better.
  • jessimicuh
    If he's dad, he needs to buy them some too or eat before he comes.
  • Anonymous

Are ppl not reading my post? I said I didn't have anything in the house to feed them at this time PLUS they just woke up 2 hours ago & ate breakfast then!

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Or you could just feed them before he gets there.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

The kids are picking up on this meaness and tension. I would have just said great! I would suggest that I go get some food, and he make it and eat with the kids while I go do something else. Honestly, you are in a position to be petty like him, or take the higher road. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    Yes it's wrong. Fast food is a treat here and my kids would be sad

Mom Confessions