Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is it wrong of me to get mad at him for eating in front of the kids?
by Anonymous
January 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Here's the situation:

Ex is coming over to visit the kids today. He asks if the kids have eaten lunch yet. I say no because I haven't much to eat here since I haven't been to the store yet. (plus they got up at noon & ate breakfast then) So he says when he gets here I can go to the store. I said I wasn't prepared to go just yet but I did plan on it. He then tells me he will wait til I get back from the store to go get himself something to eat. I get mad & said "that's real nice just eat in front of them!" & hung up.

My problem is he knows I can't afford to get fast food whenever but yet he flaunts it in front of the kids every time he is over. I don't understand why he can't eat before he comes over to see them! Am I wrong for wanting him to eat before he gets here? This way they aren't begging him for food or me to go get them fast food!

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Why cant they just eat it with him then ??
  • jillbailey26
    January 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

As in why doesn't he buy them some too? Or why don't I fix something for them? Because he is cheap. And because like I explained I can't afford it myself nor do I have the food in the house right now for them to eat lunch. I planned on going to the store child free when he came over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why cant they just eat it with him then ??

• 1stpreggers
    January 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    Or you could just feed them before he gets there.
  • Anonymous 1
    January 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM

If I could afford to get them fast food I would but I can't. It's not something I budget for because it's not something we need. I do budget for Littel Ceasars Pizza once every 2 weeks when I get paid because it's $15 for all of us to eat & fast food for 6 would cost way more than that!

Quoting jillbailey26:

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

• weezee80
    January 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    Mmmmm that would cause an argument. He should know better.
  • jessimicuh
    If he's dad, he needs to buy them some too or eat before he comes.
  • Anonymous 1

Are ppl not reading my post? I said I didn't have anything in the house to feed them at this time PLUS they just woke up 2 hours ago & ate breakfast then!

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Or you could just feed them before he gets there.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

The kids are picking up on this meaness and tension. I would have just said great! I would suggest that I go get some food, and he make it and eat with the kids while I go do something else. Honestly, you are in a position to be petty like him, or take the higher road. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    Yes it's wrong. Fast food is a treat here and my kids would be sad

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email