Mom Confessions

BoxxyBabee
How to take 2 kids to the doctor? ETA
January 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Both my kids are sick, been sick for a while. They need to see a doctor. I have a 18mo and a 5mo old. The Urgent Care here has CURTAINS between rooms not WALLS. Their actual doctor is 2 hours away. I want to take them to urgent care, but how do I prevent a very active toddler from running room to room, throwing a fit, and not listening...and hold a 5mo old baby and probably breast feed her?

I called hubby to see if he can get off work for an hour or so to help, I feel really bad..

ETA:

Anyways, we just got back. My toddler is not interested in snacks and toys. He is interested in things he cannot have. He would not lay or sit in the bed. He had to run all over the place. When the dr looks at him, I have to hold him in my lap tightly, holding his arms down, while he thrashes and screams, bites, and tries to hit. I do discipline my child. The only way to calm down my 5mo old is to breastfeed her. If I put my 18mo old in a stroller, he will do everything and anything to be destructive. He will thrash himself, trying to knock the stroller offer, he will pull on anything he can reach. Toys and snacks do not interest him.

Replies

• ErikaRobin
    January 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

STROLLER.

• proudmommy690
    January 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    Stroller.
  • Kaelaasmom
    January 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Quoting ErikaRobin:

STROLLER.

This was my first thought.

• BoxxyBabee
    January 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting ErikaRobin:

STROLLER.

He will scream and yell if he is restrained..

• BoxxyBabee

Quoting proudmommy690:

Stroller.

He will scream and cry if restrained

• ffpm10
    by ffpm10
    If he's well enough to run around like that, I'd say he can wait to see the dr.
    Otherwise, bring enough to keep him entertained?
    Bring a friend?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    You take them.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Stroller and feed them well before leaving the house . That way you make sure they wont want to eat when u guys get there which may be difficult if pne is running or etc
  • peanutsmommy1
    Then take a bag of stuff to entertain him
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    Yep, stroller and bring toys and snacks to keep him entertained.

Mom Confessions