Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kaykaymomi10
I get welfare and im not ashamed
January 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I get cash assistance which i will be using to get my baby stuff for her first day of preschool, i get food stamps, and starting monday i will be getting childcare. Why? Because when i was enrolled in college my first semester my classes were all over the place. Some were in the morning afternoon and night. I tried looking for a job and i couldn't find one. So after months of looking and no results i decided in march of 2012 i would apply for food stamps. A few months later i applied for tanf. Do i like being on it no i don't but i gotta do what i gotta do until her dad is served with child support papers. I'll admit from june until november i did nothing i wasn't in school i wasn't actively looking for a job because i was tired and needed my rest. This year is going to be totally different. Since all of my classes are in the afternoon i can work somewhere in the morning. Judge all you want i don't care one bit.

I don't know why some of you sound pissed and bitter about me taking a 6 month break ecspecially you stay at home moms you don't work you dh does so be quiet lol. I never said i was proud i never said i was entitled i said i wasn't ashamed because of it. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

Replies

• jenn31
    by jenn31
    January 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Why are you telling us?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM

At least you aren't posting this anonmously......

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Not judging you.  You do whatever you need to do for you and your little girl.   I was on PA for years.

• Jessica_Esqueda

I guess I don't understand that attitude. I'm almost done with welfare (done with cash, on food for 5 more months and low-cost medical for another year for the kids), and I was always ashamed to be on it. I was ashamed that I needed the help. I don't understand how anyone would NOT be ashamed of being unable to support themselves. 

• MrsRinehart2010

it happens... life throws you obsticals an all you can do is work threw them

• illinoismommy83
    January 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Glad you got all of your classes in the afternoon so you can go back to work. Hope you find a job soon.

• lovinglife0682
    January 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    Crazy how people think that they can't work and go to school now.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM

If you don't care what we think.... why are you telling us? And I disagree with the "tired" thing. If everyone just laid around because they were tired... how well would that work? Glad you are in college, though, so hopefully you can make a better life for yourself.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I wish I could have gone to school for free and get paid.
  • kaykaymomi10

if i need help im not ashamed to ask for it i mean thats what its for.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I guess I don't understand that attitude. I'm almost done with welfare (done with cash, on food for 5 more months and low-cost medical for another year for the kids), and I was always ashamed to be on it. I was ashamed that I needed the help. I don't understand how anyone would NOT be ashamed of being unable to support themselves. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts