Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Home owners- how much did you buy your house for?
by Anonymous
January 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Mine was $199,900

It's 1800sq ft. With 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and 1 acre.

Replies

• Matsmom10
    January 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM

127,500  3 bedrooms 1 bath   completely remodeled

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    Wow! Where is CO? I'm in grand junction.

Quoting Rainray2:

Built ours brand new. It has 3b+ office/ 2ba /2 car garage and 2000sq feet.

Paid $219,000 in Colorado
  • Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    Wow! Where is CO? I'm in grand junction.

Quoting Rainray2:

Built ours brand new. It has 3b+ office/ 2ba /2 car garage and 2000sq feet.

Paid $219,000 in Colorado
  • MrsRi
    by MrsRi

10k we got it from family. It's valued (as is) at over 90k, we are rehabbing it.

We are turning it into a 6 bedroom, 8 bathroom, three storey with finished basement Victorian House with a half of acre of land.  It was built for the Worlds Fair here in St. Louis.  

I LOVE this house... Seriously... I can't wait to finish getting it updated and move in.  Right now we have to gut it since the previous owner renovated it into 6 one bedroom/one bathroom apartments.  So there are 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 6 kitchens, 6 living rooms... Its a pain in the ass LOL, and the basement is set up is like a laundromat/storage.

BUT... We're excited to own it, it's beautiful and I can't wait to finish it :) 

• Anonymous 20
    by Anonymous 20

Was $240,000, got it for $228,000 since it sat vacant for a year plus being a new construction. 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath. Unfinished basement and bath. Starting on that basement next year.
  • BethRae
    by BethRae
    January 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    We are getting one built. It'll be almost 1500sf. 4 bedrooms 2 bath. $170,000
  • chattycassie
    January 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I dont live there anymore ( ex got it I have the kids, I left state my choice)  however we payed 76500 for our first home. It was just under 2000SQ ft 4 bed 2 baths and a HUGE lot about .25 acre. This was in WI

• Anonymous 21
    by Anonymous 21
    January 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Mine was $42K. 1600 sq. ft., 3 bed, 2 bath, full basement, detached garage, half an acre.

This always shocks people...so I'll just save you the "wtf" and tell you that where I live, the cost of living is VERY low. The average price for a nice house (we're not talking slums here, we're talking small-town rural Kansas) is $65K. The average rent on a nice 3 bedroom house is about $400 a month.

• chattycassie
    January 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

My mom bought a house like that in SD that was renovated into seperate appartments it was a LOT of work but worth the low asking price she paid.

Quoting MrsRi:

10k we got it from family. It's valued (as is) at over 90k, we are rehabbing it.

We are turning it into a 6 bedroom, 8 bathroom, three storey with finished basement Victorian House with a half of acre of land.  It was built for the Worlds Fair here in St. Louis.  

I LOVE this house... Seriously... I can't wait to finish getting it updated and move in.  Right now we have to gut it since the previous owner renovated it into 6 one bedroom/one bathroom apartments.  So there are 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 6 kitchens, 6 living rooms... Its a pain in the ass LOL, and the basement is set up is like a laundromat/storage.

BUT... We're excited to own it, it's beautiful and I can't wait to finish it :) 

• abeezy7
    by abeezy7
    January 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    240, 000... 5 bedroom. ..3 full bathroom. .2 fire places...in Colorado

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email