Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Home owners- how much did you buy your house for?
by Anonymous
January 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Mine was $199,900

It's 1800sq ft. With 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and 1 acre.

Replies

• Matsmom10
    January 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM

127,500  3 bedrooms 1 bath   completely remodeled

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    Wow! Where is CO? I'm in grand junction.

Quoting Rainray2:

Built ours brand new. It has 3b+ office/ 2ba /2 car garage and 2000sq feet.

Paid $219,000 in Colorado
  • Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    Wow! Where is CO? I'm in grand junction.

Quoting Rainray2:

Built ours brand new. It has 3b+ office/ 2ba /2 car garage and 2000sq feet.

Paid $219,000 in Colorado
  • MrsRi
    by MrsRi

10k we got it from family. It's valued (as is) at over 90k, we are rehabbing it.

We are turning it into a 6 bedroom, 8 bathroom, three storey with finished basement Victorian House with a half of acre of land.  It was built for the Worlds Fair here in St. Louis.  

I LOVE this house... Seriously... I can't wait to finish getting it updated and move in.  Right now we have to gut it since the previous owner renovated it into 6 one bedroom/one bathroom apartments.  So there are 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 6 kitchens, 6 living rooms... Its a pain in the ass LOL, and the basement is set up is like a laundromat/storage.

BUT... We're excited to own it, it's beautiful and I can't wait to finish it :) 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Was $240,000, got it for $228,000 since it sat vacant for a year plus being a new construction. 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath. Unfinished basement and bath. Starting on that basement next year.
  • BethRae
    by BethRae
    January 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    We are getting one built. It'll be almost 1500sf. 4 bedrooms 2 bath. $170,000
  • chattycassie
    January 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I dont live there anymore ( ex got it I have the kids, I left state my choice)  however we payed 76500 for our first home. It was just under 2000SQ ft 4 bed 2 baths and a HUGE lot about .25 acre. This was in WI

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Mine was $42K. 1600 sq. ft., 3 bed, 2 bath, full basement, detached garage, half an acre.

This always shocks people...so I'll just save you the "wtf" and tell you that where I live, the cost of living is VERY low. The average price for a nice house (we're not talking slums here, we're talking small-town rural Kansas) is $65K. The average rent on a nice 3 bedroom house is about $400 a month.

• chattycassie
    January 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

My mom bought a house like that in SD that was renovated into seperate appartments it was a LOT of work but worth the low asking price she paid.

Quoting MrsRi:

10k we got it from family. It's valued (as is) at over 90k, we are rehabbing it.

We are turning it into a 6 bedroom, 8 bathroom, three storey with finished basement Victorian House with a half of acre of land.  It was built for the Worlds Fair here in St. Louis.  

I LOVE this house... Seriously... I can't wait to finish getting it updated and move in.  Right now we have to gut it since the previous owner renovated it into 6 one bedroom/one bathroom apartments.  So there are 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 6 kitchens, 6 living rooms... Its a pain in the ass LOL, and the basement is set up is like a laundromat/storage.

BUT... We're excited to own it, it's beautiful and I can't wait to finish it :) 

• abeezy7
    by abeezy7
    January 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    240, 000... 5 bedroom. ..3 full bathroom. .2 fire places...in Colorado

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts