Mom Confessions

SalemWitchChild
Not all fat people eat a lot
January 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I'm just tallying up what I ate today and it totals about 1100 calories. I honestly have problems meeting my calorie goals because I don't eat a lot.

Do you assume those who are obese eat constantly or mass amounts of food?

Replies

• Hannahluvsdogs
    January 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM

• hippiemom45
    January 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    No I don't. I have many friends who are "overweight " and eat normal amounts of calories. Someones weight does not automatically mean they overeat or vice versa
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    I'm fat an I definitely don't eat alot.
  • wkukid
    by wkukid
    January 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I ate like I was on a diet constantly and gained 70 pounds. I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I assume that people who are overweight tend to have poor eating habits in one way or another, because, that is more often than not the case.

Source: Years of working in Health Education.  

• little.wise.owl
    Im big but eat well, ppl are still rude though.
  • was2now3
    January 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    I don't either, my husband is always telling me i eat like a bird, I love salad, fruits and veggies. I rarely eat candy or junk Food. Yet I'm fat :-(
  • Sassy762

Nope not at all

• keisha613
    That's why a lot of fat people are fat. They eat too little and their metabolism slows down, making them hold on to extra pounds.
  • SalemWitchChild
    January 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I've suspected I have a thyroid problem too. I went to the doctor to be tested but all she did was a simple blood test because I'm breastfeeding and she didn't want to do the full panel or whatever it's called. I hear the regular blood test often gives false negatives.

Quoting wkukid:

I ate like I was on a diet constantly and gained 70 pounds. I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

Mom Confessions