Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I am pathetic!
by Anonymous
January 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I feel pathetic.  I got an eliptical on Jan 1, used it for the first time today, and after 10 minutes thought I was going to die!  My heart rate was just over 140, I was dripping with sweat, my left knee, back, and feet were killing me.  I originally wanted to work out for an hour, once I got started I decided to shoot for 30 minutes, I ended up stopping once I hit 1 mile (10 minutes).  I guess I can always add another mile later on today.  It can only get easier, right?  I just hate myself for getting so out of shape that I can't do 10 flippin minutes of exercise!

Replies

• mom_dl6
    by mom_dl6
    January 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Don't feel that way your just starting it's going to be hard just start slow(3 to 5 min) and after a week it will get where you can go for longer at a time.....Good luck !

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    That is normal! Good job mama! Keep it up!
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

As long as you get your heart rate up and then do little exercises, like lifting light weights/lunges/squats you're doing awesome.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You made a good start, which is better than most people.

• Master_Debater
    January 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    Agree with 1st poster. At least your doing it, right? Just don't give up, you'll make it eventually!
  • mantyangel
    January 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Just aim for a little further each time.  It will get better and easier :)  Good Luck.

• Melissa_4
    January 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Don't give up!  It takes time to get into the habit of exercise.  Do 10 minutes a couple times a day for the first week, and build up to 15 and 20 minutes at a time, so on and so on.  

• WhitleyLyles
    January 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

keep using it

you will improve pretty quick if you are consistent with it. I would love to have an elliptical!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts