Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
_OcToBeRbAbY_
I definitely need your opinion on this one!
January 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Okay, the second picture in the middle row is my dad...the second picture on top is my "uncle", the first picture is me, and all of the other pictures are of my siblings and my neices and nephews. Now, I don't know if you realize by looking at my dad and looking at my siblings and myself...I look pretty different. They all look like my dad, I don't. I look like my uncle, so I've been told my whole life. My mom denies there ever being anything between them (her and my dads brother...picture on the top right with my daughter)...My uncle just recently came to visit and it was the first time I have seen him in like 20 years (I'm 24 now). Everyone!!!!!....says he HAS to be my dad!! I don't think my mom nor my uncle would tell me if he was...what do you think of the comparisons??

My dad is Indian, Apache, and I am the only one without the dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.

Replies

• _OcToBeRbAbY_
    January 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    Beard is my dads brother.

Quoting mybabytristan:

So are you suppossed to look like the guy with the beard? Is he the uncle or the dad?

• vinalex0581
    January 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM

ok, i'm gettind confused. lol!!
    i thought in your OP you mentioned your uncle coming back into your life after 20 years.

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

That's just it, my dad just got back in my life a few years ago and was MIA for nearly 15 years and I've seen him only a handful of times since. And it honestly wouldn't bother me seeing as I don't really know either of them but I was bored and wanted to know outsiders opinions.

Quoting vinalex0581:

you're 24, at this point in your life, what difference does it make?

the guy who's been there most of your life, who's loved you and guided you through life is your father--blood or not

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yeah, but me being the only one which even favors him? I know family, genetics, all that can factor into this but I still have my doubts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you look like your uncle doesn't mean he is your real dad. He is related to you so the possibilty you look like him is there.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yeah, I can see the resemblance with you and your uncle. But does your dad & uncle have the same mother and father? If so, they are carriers of the same genes. Genes in which you may have inherited from your dad.

My husband is scottish/Norwegian descent. I am european/Cherokee indian descent. I look more like the Cherokee indians. I have brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin. My hubby has dirty blonde hair & hazel eyes with flecks of blue in them. Our first daughter looks NOTHING like me. She looks just like my husband. I think she has my eyebrows, but that's about it. You wouldn't think we were related at all upon first meeting us. My point is, you may 100% be your dad's daughter, but you may still look like another family member.

If you are really unsure, talk with your mother more about it, or dad & at worst request a DNA test.

• mybabytristan
    January 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    You have your uncles facial shape but look like your dad...I was confused for a min lol

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Beard is my dads brother.

Quoting mybabytristan:

So are you suppossed to look like the guy with the beard? Is he the uncle or the dad?

• meparty
    by meparty
    January 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM

• clearlyme
    January 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    Genetics are crazy. My son was born with dark hair (at almost 2 it's now dirty blonde) and blue eyes (which he has kept). Dh and I have brown/hazel eyes. He has black hair and I was born bleach blonde and now have light brown. You know who had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes? Our dad's! Ds's eyes are the first thing people notice and they do a double take when they realize we don't have those baby blues lol
  • _OcToBeRbAbY_
    January 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    Yes, that's what it said lol. My mom took us away from that entire family when we were very young. I got in touch with my dad around time for my graduation and just got in contact with my uncle around a month ago and he came to visit for Christmas. My dad and my uncle both live two states away still.

Quoting vinalex0581:

ok, i'm gettind confused. lol!!
    i thought in your OP you mentioned your uncle coming back into your life after 20 years.

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

That's just it, my dad just got back in my life a few years ago and was MIA for nearly 15 years and I've seen him only a handful of times since. And it honestly wouldn't bother me seeing as I don't really know either of them but I was bored and wanted to know outsiders opinions.

Quoting vinalex0581:

you're 24, at this point in your life, what difference does it make?

the guy who's been there most of your life, who's loved you and guided you through life is your father--blood or not

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yeah, but me being the only one which even favors him? I know family, genetics, all that can factor into this but I still have my doubts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you look like your uncle doesn't mean he is your real dad. He is related to you so the possibilty you look like him is there.

• _OcToBeRbAbY_
    January 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    Bahaha! NOT.

Quoting meparty:

• aponder
    by aponder
    January 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

It is quite possible for you to look like your uncle without  your mom fooling around, your dad and him share their parents dna and you could have just gotten a different set of genes.  My daughter has my brother in laws forhead and mouth.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I don't know. My kid looks a lot like my brother. Doesn't mean he is the father of my child. Genetics are funny. you can look nothing like anyone in your family but look back generations and look tons like a distant relative.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN