Mom Confessions

_OcToBeRbAbY_
I definitely need your opinion on this one!
January 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Okay, the second picture in the middle row is my dad...the second picture on top is my "uncle", the first picture is me, and all of the other pictures are of my siblings and my neices and nephews. Now, I don't know if you realize by looking at my dad and looking at my siblings and myself...I look pretty different. They all look like my dad, I don't. I look like my uncle, so I've been told my whole life. My mom denies there ever being anything between them (her and my dads brother...picture on the top right with my daughter)...My uncle just recently came to visit and it was the first time I have seen him in like 20 years (I'm 24 now). Everyone!!!!!....says he HAS to be my dad!! I don't think my mom nor my uncle would tell me if he was...what do you think of the comparisons??

My dad is Indian, Apache, and I am the only one without the dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.

Replies

• HistoryNutty
    January 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    None of my brothers nor I look like my mom, only only my twin and I look somewhat like our dad. It just happens.
  • cjsix
    by cjsix
    January 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I would say that just as your father and his brother look different and resemble various other family members so do you and your siblings.

• ImNotKarl
    January 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Well, the pictures are pretty small, but while the end of your nose is more like your uncle's, the bridge, where all the bone structure and genetics are most telling, looks more like your dad's. You have his ears, the same lift in the inner corners of your upper eye lid which dramatically contrasts the taper of the back, and the same arch to your upper lip, though with your uncle's bear he may have that too and I'd never know. 

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Really? No one has ever said that!! Lol.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

You look more like your dad to me. 

• Jcouch99
    January 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM

My daughter looks nothing like me, but she's mine. Genetics can be weird.

• _OcToBeRbAbY_
    Yeah, but me being the only one which even favors him? I know family, genetics, all that can factor into this but I still have my doubts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you look like your uncle doesn't mean he is your real dad. He is related to you so the possibilty you look like him is there.

• vinalex0581

you two share the same nose

• SterlingHeart

i think genetics are funny you could very well just resemble that side of the family - I have 3 daughters my oldest is my step and she looks like my youngest (we are talking book ends) and I had nothing to do with her - yet obviously she and my youngest resemble my husband --- now my middle daughter is my look a-like but she is very unique compared to them - and since my husband is adopted we also think she must resemble his birth mom too which explains her differences.....  I look exactly like my Aunt to where her daughter and i look like sisters - but we know my mom is my mom -- so you never know

• 40sandPreg
    Yes. You look like your 'uncle's' daughter.
  • Mel0dy
    by Mel0dy
    January 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I find you look like the bigger guy. 

• BluePandaDreams
    January 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    Maury is an expert at answering these kind of questions.

Mom Confessions