Mom Confessions

ImNotKarl
I just gave my toddler
January 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Pop Rocks for the first time. He's 2, and had never had them before. I showed him how to tilt his head back and dump a bunch in. The look on his face when they hit his mouth was a combination of adoration, joy, and sheer terror. 

Replies

• hautemama83
    January 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Both of my kids got a look of panic, then started laughing hysterically. LOL my 4 year old still does.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

that is totally untrue.  chamomile is an herb.  it is not a tea leaf.  it doesn't not contain caffeine unless it is mixed with something else. 

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

All tea has a bit of caffeine in it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Meh. He ate a good breakfast. Decaf chamomile tea with lemon, scrambled eggs, sourdough toast, some lean ground beef patty with a little ketchup, garlic hashbrowns, and a peach. He'll be ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

Three packs of pop rocks for a two year old? Oh god.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

So do I, and apparently so does he, because he just burnt through a package of each of the three classic flavors in under 5 minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love pop rocks.

i didnt know they made caffeinated chamomile tea lol!

• ImNotKarl
    January 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

That's alright. It's not an amount that's considered harmful. He has chocolate sometimes, too, and that also has caffeine. By most of the standards of CafeMom'ers, I'm a terrible mom, so I'm not really concerned about it. I've been pretty open about our eating habits since joining, and it's never going to be what most feel is acceptable. So it goes.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

All tea has a bit of caffeine in it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Meh. He ate a good breakfast. Decaf chamomile tea with lemon, scrambled eggs, sourdough toast, some lean ground beef patty with a little ketchup, garlic hashbrowns, and a peach. He'll be ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

Three packs of pop rocks for a two year old? Oh god.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

So do I, and apparently so does he, because he just burnt through a package of each of the three classic flavors in under 5 minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love pop rocks.

i didnt know they made caffeinated chamomile tea lol!

• Abby.N.Amys.Mom
    January 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

LOL

• mary841108
    January 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM

LOL thats cute. did you take a picture or video?

• ImNotKarl
    January 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I wish! His dad wasn't hear to see it and he's going to be so bummed!

Quoting mary841108:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Kids 1st time with pop rocks is always awesome

• mary841108
    January 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM

aww :( lol i would have loved to see that. its like when you give a kid a pickle or lemon for the first time, the face is always epic. 

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Quoting mary841108:

• ImNotKarl
    January 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My kid didn't make a face for those. He just ate them and asked for more. He's so weird. The first time he had a carbonated drink, and the first time he had a fresh strawberry he made that face, but now nothing phases him. He LIKES most things babies and toddlers don't. He likes decidedly grown up food. He's so WEIRD.

Quoting mary841108:

aww :( lol i would have loved to see that. its like when you give a kid a pickle or lemon for the first time, the face is always epic. 

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Quoting mary841108:

• jj4ij
    by jj4ij
    January 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

That is so funny that you say this.  I have a four year old, and I did the same thing when he was about two.  It was a great moment.  His reactions were great!  I laughed for days over it, wish I could have recorded it. 

Well, over Thanksgiving I went to my brothers and he has a baby almost two, and I got some pop rocks for my nephew.... excited about his reaction.

Well... the kid is an eating machine and ate them like nothing.  No reaction, no weird face... just requests for more.   He swallowed the bunch whole.  You could hear them crackling on his lips... but he didn't care! 

His nick name is BEEF !!!  Too funny.  I am sure you will  be bashed for doing this, but it is fun and it is funny and life needs some fun.  Why have kids if not for some entertainment.  I am totally with you : )

Mom Confessions