Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Do you flush your tampons? **ETA**
by Anonymous
January 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

If you use them of course. My aunt said i couldnt when i lived with her because she was on septic. Then i just read in the "embarassing" post about a stray tampon that landed on the floor after missing the trash. I didnt know people threw them in the garbage.  

The box says not to flush the applicator.

I have not had my toilet clog in 17 years of living on my own from flushing tampons. Not saying it doesnt happen, just hasnt happened to me.

Replies

• krayzbabylove
    January 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    Always
  • Litlmama87
    January 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    No,

Wrap them in tissue, place them in a bag, & take them out to the garbage can.

You don't flush baby wipes or paper towels, what makes you think a tampon can make it to freedom?

• xXxLillithxXx
    January 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Yep.
  • Bethbeth
    January 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

no way.

• alexvitte

Quoting Litlmama87:

No,

Wrap them in tissue, place them in a bag, & take them out to the garbage can.

You don't flush baby wipes or paper towels, what makes you think a tampon can make it to freedom?

• ErikaRobin

Two words:  Diva Cup. 

• Hannahluvsdogs
    Yes, unless I'm in a public restroom where there's a sign saying not to.
  • jbirdsladie27
    This

Quoting Bethbeth:

no way.

• heresjohnny

I have a septic, so no. Even if you don't have a septic though, they can get caught in the lines and cause damage to your plumbing.

• Jade89
    by Jade89
    January 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    Yes...

But I'm pregnant right now so I haven't used them in 9months

I had to wrap them and throw them away while visiting family in Florida bc they have a septic tank and it was just the grossest thing to me!

Mom Confessions