Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you flush your tampons? **ETA**
by Anonymous
January 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

If you use them of course. My aunt said i couldnt when i lived with her because she was on septic. Then i just read in the "embarassing" post about a stray tampon that landed on the floor after missing the trash. I didnt know people threw them in the garbage.  

The box says not to flush the applicator.

I have not had my toilet clog in 17 years of living on my own from flushing tampons. Not saying it doesnt happen, just hasnt happened to me.

Replies

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    January 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I didn't at my mom's house because of their septic system, but normally I did. I always liked the ones, like Tampax (actually I like the generic better) , because I could flush the applicator, too. I'm done with tampons and pads, though. Being post-menopausal is great!

• sweetnsassymami
    January 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    Yes never had a problem.
  • Kaybean
    by Kaybean
    January 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    It says right on the packaging that you can flush the tampon, so why would it say you can if it's not okay? I've always flushed mine and never thought twice about it. I've never heard anyone say before not to.

Quoting Litlmama87:

No,

Wrap them in tissue, place them in a bag, & take them out to the garbage can.

You don't flush baby wipes or paper towels, what makes you think a tampon can make it to freedom?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts