Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
lifeisajoy
Does your child/ren have health issues, do you? Does your dh/so?
January 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM

We are a happy family and we have health issues

My son has cerebral palsy, developmental delays, gastrological issues, and behavioral issues (but doing great on that)  He is a young adult on a toddler/pre-school level-technically non-verbal and in a wheelchair

I have epilepsy and colitis and nerve damage (neuropathy)

My husband has undiagnosed-losing weight, he shakes, and dizzy, and severe muscle weakness

Going through tessting right now-he is

How about your family?

Replies

• AdoptingMommy
    January 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    My dd is only 2, but even during hospital stays, We pull her around in her wagon and she keeps a smile! Shes pretty amazing

Quoting lifeisajoy:

yep!!! My young man son is the happiest guy!

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

My dd has ROHHAD syndrome and had multiple symptoms, but she is the happiest sweetest most loving child Ive ever seen. Hospitals & Drs are just part of our lives. I will treat her the same as sny child & her life will be amazing

• elfling811
    January 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    My DH and DD are blissfully healthy and strong. I however, have multiple disabilities and have cancer for the 4th! time. I will be forever grateful that DD takes after her Daddy in health :-)
  • pinkjimmies06
    January 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM

My SIL had the same problem although never named.

She did an elimination diet and can no longer eat Gluten, Dairy, chocolate, garlic, tomatoes, excessive capsaicin (hot peppers) and a few other things. Its been much better.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Yes its a real syndrome, there are complications from it, 

its often accompanied with cramps sweats, terrible belly pain.

Eating and pooping has become a nightmare.

I am trying to manage it with diet, but am struggling.

As a result i have mal absorption, inflamed intestines. lots of nasty shit going on down there.

Its seen a lot in gastric bypass patients etc, not that i've had that done YAY 

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Foo thats really a syndrome? my body does an always had done that , did know it was an issue? Should I worry lol

Quoting FooLynRoo:

My body poops about 10-30 minutes after i eat something.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

What is dumping syndrome?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I have health issues, that are managable, Hashimotos, Dumping Syndrome, arthritis in my back, high blood pressure. but no BETIS yet!

Hopefully if I can stop fucking around, 2013 is the year of weight loss for me.

Dh has pollups in his nose, he's currently undergoing some treatement to see what clears up , he probably needs nose surgery but otherwise healthy

Son - he has some allergies but otherwise a healthy kid

• FooLynRoo
    January 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM

yes dr mentioned gluten I dread it

I dont consume caffine (which includes chocolate) no spices, no seeds, no sugar suplements

i have to stay on low fat.

you'd think I'd be skinny ugh.

but i do cheat now and again but pay for it..badly.

everyday im trying mroe.

Quoting pinkjimmies06:

She did an elimination diet and can no longer eat Gluten, Dairy, chocolate, garlic, tomatoes, excessive capsaicin (hot peppers) and a few other things. Its been much better.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

As a result i have mal absorption, inflamed intestines. lots of nasty shit going on down there.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Foo thats really a syndrome? my body does an always had done that , did know it was an issue? Should I worry lol

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I have health issues, that are managable, Hashimotos, Dumping Syndrome, arthritis in my back, high blood pressure. but no BETIS yet!

Dh has pollups in his nose, he's currently undergoing some treatement to see what clears up , he probably needs nose surgery but otherwise healthy

• pinkjimmies06
    January 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I've been the guinea pig of gluten free cooking for a while now, since MIL is trying to help SIL with new recipes. Some subsitutions are good, some terrible.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

yes dr mentioned gluten I dread it

I dont consume caffine (which includes chocolate) no spices, no seeds, no sugar suplements

i have to stay on low fat.

you'd think I'd be skinny ugh.

but i do cheat now and again but pay for it..badly.

everyday im trying mroe.

Quoting pinkjimmies06:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

• bcoll
    by bcoll
    January 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM

We do not have any health issues.

• amanda81919
    January 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    My ds has undiagnosed asthma. And speech delay. My dd no problems. Me and dh no problems.
  • nelliesmommy
    January 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Myself- A past of cervical cancer, pstd, personality disorder, depression, allergies.

All my kids have seasonal allergies.

5 year old has exzema. He's allergic to eggs, fish, milk. He's had to do a little speech therapy. 

2 year old has had to do speach therapy in the past.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I have a mild case of IBS
    Dh and DS are perfectly healthy but my step daughter has some issues. She has a "general" learning disability, speech issues and possibly fetal alcohol syndrome

• lifeisajoy
    January 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    huge hugs!
    Quoting elfling811:

My DH and DD are blissfully healthy and strong. I however, have multiple disabilities and have cancer for the 4th! time. I will be forever grateful that DD takes after her Daddy in health :-)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN