Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
220lbs! I have a question!
by Anonymous
January 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I am embarrassed to admit that in the last 2 months I have gained 20 pounds. My knees are in absolute agony I now weigh 220 pounds the most I have ever weighed and it's really taking a toll on my body especially my knees. Every time I stand up my knees are screaming in pain, I fully intend to lose this weight and have already started my lifestyle change.

My question is did I do any permanent damage to my knees? Are they just in pain from the weight will it go away once the weight is off? Do I need to see my dr?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    Ugh Holiday weight sucks!
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    Wow! Good job! That's awesome! You sound very happy. You should be really proud! Im jealous. I am so out of shape. I lost all my baby weight but I cheated (took pills) and am no where near in shape.

Quoting sarahjoy:

I was about 250 ... and my body really was suffering for it... my feet hurt mostly alot... my back, my knees.  I lost about 70 lbs in 9 months... and my body feels so much better.  everything... it hurt alot at first but gradually I worked at it and now can run a mile with out dying lol (i have asthma so the breathing kills me more than my body now).  you will feel alot better after loosing the weight.  I was a 22/24 in size and now down to a 14/16.  Just stick to it and dont  "slack off" because that makes it harder.  Your body will thank you later down the road :)... i would still see a dr. just to make sure you havent put too much damage on your knees and maybe they can suggest what to do physically to help rather than make it worse.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    What pills?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! Good job! That's awesome! You sound very happy. You should be really proud! Im jealous. I am so out of shape. I lost all my baby weight but I cheated (took pills) and am no where near in shape.

Quoting sarahjoy:

I was about 250 ... and my body really was suffering for it... my feet hurt mostly alot... my back, my knees.  I lost about 70 lbs in 9 months... and my body feels so much better.  everything... it hurt alot at first but gradually I worked at it and now can run a mile with out dying lol (i have asthma so the breathing kills me more than my body now).  you will feel alot better after loosing the weight.  I was a 22/24 in size and now down to a 14/16.  Just stick to it and dont  "slack off" because that makes it harder.  Your body will thank you later down the road :)... i would still see a dr. just to make sure you havent put too much damage on your knees and maybe they can suggest what to do physically to help rather than make it worse.  

• lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    January 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I used to weigh nearly 300lbs. I dropped 145lbs and every joint in my body did not hurt at all. It was pure flippin bliss. I have since put back on 60lbs thanks to some very lovely rounds of steroids to try to kill a migraine that won't go away and a couple of major injuries that jacked my back from top to bottom. Every joint in my body hurts.

Drop the weight and the pain will go away. I'm working on that myself. I'm determined to drop this weight off.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    Hidroxycut max for women. I spent a year and a half trying to lose weight. Finally I said fuck this and started taking the pills. I lost 40lbs in 4 months. Stopped taking the pills and lost another 25 just because I had gotten used to eating less. Now I have stayed steady at 135-140 for the last year.

Quoting Anonymous:

What pills?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sarahjoy:

• MommaTasha1003
    January 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Ive been 220..Well Im 215lb now.. And have went to 240lb while pregnant. My knees dont bother me. But if you have bad knees to start Id say just try and get the weight off. It will help prevent future damage & heal if any damage has been done..

• sarahjoy
    January 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM

It took alot of time... I started by walking like 3-4 miles every day (except sat/sun).  And doing an hour at the gym with Zumba classes like 3 days a week.  Then when I got more in shape threw in some kick boxing classes.  The walking though I think helped the most.  I drank lemon in my water as well... its said to boost the metabolism... (I think that might be true bc when I stopped drinking it I didn't loose as much as fast).  I still eat junky at times but I just cut my portions in half.  so instead of 2 donuts for breakfast.. only one.  That helped alot also... now I cant eat like that... i get full too fast.  

i big help with that was also tracking my calories... that way I was more conscience of how much crap i was eating... i never realized how many calories were in some foods that I ate regularly.  so I knew if i was going out for dinner that night then to eat a healthier lunch and breakfast to balance out the calorie intake.  

You can do it!!!! just have to be really dedicated at first.. then it gets much easier.  I would say after the first three months of making myself do it, it started to be better... now i cant go a week without going to the gym.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sarahjoy:

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    January 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

you need to check with the doctor but weight is definitely a factor.  your body can only hold so much weight and with little muscle development, your joints are taking the brunt of it.

overhaul your diet first and foremost -- cut out all the processed/junk/bad foods/ no soda etc.  only eat clean and eat within your caloric range for weight loss and i guarantee you, your weight WILL come down by at least 40lbs. 

• UgtaBkdnMe
    January 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Watch the documentry Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead. It's an eye opener.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    Is it on Netflix?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Watch the documentry Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead. It's an eye opener.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts