Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
.betty.white.
Just found mold in my apartment *pics*
January 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Went to plug in my phone on my nightstand and noticed a black spot...  I'm like WTF? So I moved my nightstand and the entire wall behind my bed has these random mold spots!  

Of course I want to bleach the mess out of the walls and clean it up, but, my bed is SUPER heavy and I can't lift it right now, so it will have to wait until morning.  So now I have questions for you all:

First off I'm clean and I prohibit drinks on my night stand unless its a closed bottle of water (long story), I also live extremely close to the beach.  Do you think the beach is the reason I have the mold?  My house is extremely clean so I can't imagine why the mold is there...  What should I clean it up with?  Should I not clean it up and have my land lord come over?  Just tell me what I need to know about mold :(  

Here are a few pics.  This is of the corner next to where I plug in my phone, the second one is another spot next to the area.  It sort of follows a random chain like this behind my bed :( 

LOL as you can see I vacuum quite often there isn't even dust on that ledge.  I can't understand how I've missed this.  I guess I never thought about looking for mold on walls.  Now I want to go tear apart my DS's room :( 

Replies

• embersparkle
    January 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    Oh wow. That's awful :( there is probably a leak inside the wall.
  • MumsTheWord571
    Talk to the landlord. He needs to have the walls looked at to see if it's in there, or just on the surface.
  • Supervane
    Ahhhhh!!! That would drive be insane!
  • cueballsmom
    It may be just me, but it looks like it's coming from in the wall. How long have you lived there?
    I would not clean it, and get the landlord on it.
    It may be black mold, and you don't need your kids around that.
  • Sassy762

YOU need to tell your landlord....it could be deeper into the wall and he/she will have to have that fixed

• .betty.white.
    January 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM

I moved in end of August.  So I'm fairly new here.  

Quoting cueballsmom:

It may be just me, but it looks like it's coming from in the wall. How long have you lived there?
    I would not clean it, and get the landlord on it.
    It may be black mold, and you don't need your kids around that.

• NBean311
    January 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    Notify your landlord first thing in the morning. It isn't a cleanliness issue, so it is either environmental, or something within the building. They need to clean it up and find the source ASAP, especially with black mold, as prolonged exposure can be harmful to your health.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Tell your landlord. It will keep growing back.
  • .betty.white.

I want to vomit :(  I just moved in fairly recently.  I'll be calling first thing in the AM.  I wonder if its in DS's room too.  I can't wait to tear apart his room and check.  

Quoting Sassy762:

YOU need to tell your landlord....it could be deeper into the wall and he/she will have to have that fixed

• etsmom
    by etsmom

Talk to your landlord so that they are aware. You may be able to take care of some of it with bleach wash, but there could be a larger problem and bleach will only take care of the surface. It could be in the dry which would have to be replaced.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts