Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I asked my mom to bring home some milk and she gets an attitude.
by Anonymous
January 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I buy the groceries ALL the time. She spends her money on alcohol and idk what else. I'm currently not working an the only money I get is child support and i have some saved up from when i was working. I'll go back to work after I have the baby...

Anyway she calls me saying she's leaving work soon. I tell he we need milk. She's gets this pissy attitude. Well excuse me...I seem to recall you eating the food I bought. And drinking the milk. No reason you can't pick up a gallon in your way home.

Replies

• parentalrights1
    January 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    I would have a talk with her and if she kept that up she would be living alone. I don't buy into the idea that parents and old people get free reign to be assholes with no consequence
  • LilBabyVulcan
    January 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM

It's not freeloading when you're the only person working. I wouldn't want to get milk at the last minute when I've been looking forward to sitting down all day either. 

Quoting babiegurl47:

I'm sorry but mom can buy the damn milk. Shes freeloading at her daughters house.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Your point being? Maybe she doesn't feel like running to the store and getting milk right now. You don't work, it would not kill you to wait until she's home, borrow the car, and run to a store and get milk. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The store she works at is literally right next door to the grocery store.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Maybe she's tired. Maybe she had a bad day. How hard would it be for you to wait until she's home and ask to use her car, and run to the store. Let her get home and get off her feet, ffs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the only working car is hers. If I had a way to get out today then obviously I would have gotten it myself. But it seems silly to me to walk to the store in the cold with my DS when she can take 5 mins on her way home and pic some up.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

You don't work, why don't YOU go out and get milk instead of waiting until your mom is on her way home to get her to do it. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    She went in to work at 5pm. And just walked into the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know she worked ALL day?

Quoting Anonymous:

She is tired from working all day. What did you do? Why did you not go out and get milk?

• parentalrights1
    January 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    Quoting LilBabyVulcan:
    or since mommy is living in her daughters house eating food that she doesn't contribute to, she can take a few minutes to grab milk. Why does she get a free pass to act like an asshole Jo can't do a small favor? This site amazes me with the attitude that one person has to do everything while the freeloader gets defended for being as difficult as possible.

Not to mention what a waste if gas to drive all the way home and have the car driven all the way back
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    Her working has nothing to do with it. She spends her money on her. I pay bills. She lives at my house.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

It's not freeloading when you're the only person working. I wouldn't want to get milk at the last minute when I've been looking forward to sitting down all day either. 

Quoting babiegurl47:

I'm sorry but mom can buy the damn milk. Shes freeloading at her daughters house.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Your point being? Maybe she doesn't feel like running to the store and getting milk right now. You don't work, it would not kill you to wait until she's home, borrow the car, and run to a store and get milk. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Maybe she's tired. Maybe she had a bad day. How hard would it be for you to wait until she's home and ask to use her car, and run to the store. Let her get home and get off her feet, ffs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the only working car is hers. If I had a way to get out today then obviously I would have gotten it myself. But it seems silly to me to walk to the store in the cold with my DS when she can take 5 mins on her way home and pic some up.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

You don't work, why don't YOU go out and get milk instead of waiting until your mom is on her way home to get her to do it. 

• bcauseimthemom
    January 2, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Why don't you bring that up with her?? Are you living with her or is she living with you??  

• PitbullPrincess

Op pays all the bills, Mom can bring home milk once in awhile, FFS.

• babiegurl47
    She doesn't pay any bills or rent. That is called freeloading. Not to mention just Bc she works doesn't mean she cant stop for a second and buy milk. I'm sure she stops for gas. I'm sure shes not too tired for that. Op has savings and it doesn't matter WHY she isn't working. Shes pregnant. Maybe she has issues with the pregnancy. You are being extremely rude for nothing to her. The mother should help out. Bottom line.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Quoting babiegurl47:

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

• Lizard_Lina
    January 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    That's how I feel many days. I'll get a call with "on your way home can you get..." And I want to be like "no". Same thing when I lived alone. Especially if it was snowing and definatly if I had my nephew with me, two kids and snow is not fun. I'd start making a list of all the other possibilities already at home in an effort to talk my way out of whatever I needed.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting Anonymous:

She is tired from working all day. What did you do? Why did you not go out and get milk?

I agree.  I live alone with my children and sometimes I will say screw and just not stop, because I am tired and give the kids some orange juice or something.  If I truly need the milk I will stop, but I won't be happy about it, LOL.

• Jacqalyn
    January 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    I see no harm in her stopping long enough to pick up a gallon of milk. You women are acting like she asked her to pick up a grocery list of things. My Dh will call and ask me if we need anything from town when he leaves work. Same thing goes for me when I've been out all day running errands, even though I'm ready to get home and relax. I always call before heading home to see if there is anything he or the kids need. It's easier and saves on gas.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN