Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
hailey51207
DH or SO chores
January 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Curious Im watching the Today show and they said men contributed more to house hold chores. So ladies does your man help? If so how much? My DH helps do everything dishes, vacuum, trash, pick toys up, clean counters off, re-arrange things, etc. Name it he does it! Oh he does the toilet & not me lol. Only chore I wont let him do is laundry. Because he likes to shrink things and don't always put everything away in the right place where I like it lol and sometimes I find Cinderella underwear in my drawer lmao. So tell me about your man!

Replies

• Kaelaasmom
    January 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I am a SAHM, so I do most of the household chores, but my husband will pitch in with whatever I need, especially if he has a day off during the week.

• alexsmomaubrys2
    January 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

We are big on everyone being apart of making sure our living space is clean and safe because we are a family and it is OUR house. This includes the kids too, no one is exempt.

• divinedimension
    January 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

He goes through stages. He cannot seem to FOCUS on doing more than one thing at a time so if he is watching the kids, the chores are lacking and vice versa.

He generally cooks, does dishes half the time (I do them the other half of the time) and he will pick up toys and wash clothes. I've not seen him do a bathroom in at least a year.

• TaralynnStewart
    January 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    My DH does absolutely nothing but shower, wipes his ass, and dresses himself.
  • QueenBof6
    January 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    He works like 24/7.

But he does his share here. He's the dish bitch. He does the bathrooms too. ;-)
  • Mamasgirl524
    January 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    Barely! Lol on his days off he may cook dinner and clean his dishes or sometimes he'll grab a random item that is out of place and put it back. He also does laundry because I'm pregnant and carrying the baskets to the laundromat is too much. But that's about it.
  • dbrown1989

Mine kind of helps. Not as much as I want him to but I'm greatful for what I get from him.

• auntietotty

I do the daily cleaning and laundry. I stay home so it's not a big deal. He does the majority of the cooking though. He's a great cook and loves doing it.

He'd do whatever I asked though...in a heartbeat. All I have to do is ask. Christmas eve he helped me clean the whole house for company the next day. He kept asking...
    "now what do you need help with?"

We both do yardwork/mowing. I usually take the trash to the curb Tues. nights because he works evenings and isnt home to do it. I dont mind though. We're kind of like this...if something needs done, it gets done. Doesnt matter who does it.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Yes. My dh will do pretty much any household chore that needs to be done.

• chane_L
    by chane_L
    January 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

mine too! On Sunday mornings he cooks brunch and gives me mommy time off until 6pm. I get to do whatever i want (read, shop, or whatever without kid interruption) 

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Right now he's our do everything and he works full time.
    I'm so lucky he's mine.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts