Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is it possible to never go into labor? UPDATE! Again!
by Anonymous
December 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM
With all 3 of my previous pregnancies I was induced. This time around I did a full 360. I am doing a home birth this time...no interventions whatsoever. I am very excited BUT I'm starting to worry. I'm worrying/wondering if my body is even capable of going into labor on it's own. I am 42 weeks tomorrow. No signs of labor at all. I haven't had a single contraction this entire pregnancy. I am getting very nervous.

So....is this possible? I do not have a doctor, just a midwife (who still seems hopeful). If I don't go into labor soon and needed an induction could I still go to the hospital and get one without ever seeing a doc? Are they gonna treat me different?

Ugh!

UPDATE: So I just finished having sex and when I stood up my water broke. It is nice and clear! Lol no contractions yet, but I'm sure they will follow soon! omg this is happening. I guess all I needed to do was post to cm! Lmao

Aahhh! Wish me luck!

Baby Elizabeth Liliana was born at 12:37 am weighing 8lb3oz 21in long. Labor was quick and easy. I honestly didn't feel a single contraction until around 7-8 cm. midwife says I was most likely having them before my water broke but I just didn't feel them.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!
Will try to post pics soon!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    Yes it possible, some need medical help
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 31, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    It's just crazy. Like my body doesn't work or something :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it possible, some need medical help
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    just talk to your midwife.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 8:59 PM

THIS is why having a doctor, at least handy, is a good idea.

After 42 weeks the chances of fetal death increase dramatically.  Be smart, go find a fucking doctor.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I'd be really nervous if I were you.  If you've been induced every time before, didn't you think maybe you should at least see a real ob at some point these past 9 months?  A midwife is not a medical doctor, and her being *hopeful* doesn't sound all that encouraging to me.  I'm an RN, and yes a doctor will of course see you at the hospital should you require it.  Some people no doubt will say oh yes of course you will go into labor on your own, but no way I'd risk my child's, or my life just waiting and being *hopeful*.  Good luck.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    Well my midwife has a backup on call if we need one, of course. I know he will see me. But I just think it's gonna be awkward or something....idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

THIS is why having a doctor, at least handy, is a good idea.

After 42 weeks the chances of fetal death increase dramatically.  Be smart, go find a fucking doctor.

• UgtaBkdnMe

42 weeks? YOu need a dr dear.

• .shank.
    by .shank.
    If you are concerned for your child's life/well being. Go see a doctor.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Are you at least feeling movement??  If not, go immediately to the er.

• SalemWitchChild
    December 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I didn't go into labor naturally either. I went to 41 w with DD and 42 with DS. I was induced with Dd and c/s with DS.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts