Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LCWAmommy
Why do they need to know your race when purchasing a gun??
December 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM
We where at a sporting goods store yesterday (I got new shoes yay) and hubby was looking at the pocket knifes. Some guy was filling out the form to buy a gun next to us. I heard the sales man telling him he needed to check Hispanic or non Hispanic ad that it was a new section on the form. It got me to thinking. Why does that matter? And why only Hispanic or not? Seems weird to me.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    December 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

You need to clarify that for almost anything. I think you're looking in to something that isn't there- and there was likely more than one choice, but you only heard that part. Idk. Idc either.

• banana-bear
    December 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    Hispanic is not a race, it is an ethnicity. And I don't care about questions like that....I just answer them. The paper isn't being a bigot.
  • prenatalRN
    December 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Its a basic question to ask why trying to ID someone. Seems standard to me, its on your drivers license too

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    well duh! Because if you're black you're obviously going to rob someone and if you're a white male you're going to shoot up a school. Derp!
  • MrsErdos2011
    December 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I'm guessing you've never filled out any other type of application or heard someone filling out an application? It is a standard question.

• stacefaceninja
    December 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I have no idea...but they ask that question for a lot of different things. You can usually check the box that syas you prefer not to answer. I always check the wrong box anyway...that's my littel way of telling the government to suck it;)

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    You also have to give height and weight on those too and I believe hair color.
  • Godgaveme4
    December 31, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    I don't think that is necessary for anything. We have a nosey government.
  • stacefaceninja
    December 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    A-fucking-men. That freakshow of assholes we have "running" this country is the biggest joke I've ever seen. It's a popularity contest. Whoever tells the bigger lies wins...

Quoting Godgaveme4:

I don't think that is necessary for anything. We have a nosey government.
  • other_mother
    December 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM

It's just interesting statistics-- that's all.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts