Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Help my husband waited for 8 yrs to start partying EDIT
by Anonymous
December 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM
my dh and i have been together since we where 15 and 17. We moved in together and had our son 2 yrs later we settled down fast. We have always been madly in love. Together 8 yrs married for 3. We dont party, he use to be home after work,never 'chillin' with friends! Well for the last few weeks he has been out every single nite till 2am all the way till 6am . Always finding somewhere to chill. Should i stop complaining and let it go? I mean i feel like i took his life and he never got to do what teens and 21 yr olds do. I mean i didnt make him but idk pls help --- Ok so we talked and he said he didnt think it bothered me like that,i even let him read this! He was home the nite i wrote this and every nite since. . How should i feel now? See what happens or what?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Question is, who is she that he is "chillin" with .......

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Mhmm..

• TAG_ur_it
    December 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM

it's a phase.  he'll come out of it.  i did the same thing in my mid twenties. lasted about 6 months.  however, i wasn't married and i always had someone to watch my son.  i worked closing shifts and he'd stay the night at my aunt's house, so i'd go out after my shift and cut loose. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    My thoughts exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

• JDmommyJD
    December 31, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    Ummm, you didn't take his life. The child us both of yours...you both consented to the sex involved in making said child.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM

How old is he? I got the party bug again when I turned 30. Didn't last long, maybe 1 year.

• zetajen
    by zetajen
    December 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM

talk with him about rules, boundaries, what makes you uncomfortable... I can understand a very early midlife crisis in someone that never got to be a crazy teen/20-somthing, but he still has a relationship with you and responsibilities to his family. Unless he has gotten into something like drugs, he should be able to have a reasonable conversation with you about your mutual expectations of each other and how to fill this "need" he has now.

if something is the catelist for this shift such as drugs, you have a bigger problem. if it is a new friend encouraging him to act this way, I would talk to him about finding relationships with people that bring out your best and not worst.

good luck.

• CjEmmemommy
    December 31, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Tumm no. He needs to be the man and deal with the choices he made. You didn't take away his life, you both choose to get married young and have children.

• Tesserae
    December 31, 2012 at 11:58 AM

My husband went through this stage too. It lasted about a year and then he just stopped. It has to do with maturity and them needeing to feel like they aren't so tied down.

• StoneColdKiller
    December 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Wow I wouldn't have put up with that after the first day, its bullshit. He made his choice and he has to live with it. He basically telling you, his family isn't important and I would put the fear in him and say I won't stand o be last on you list. But that's me. I'm a bitch when it comes to this. We ( me and our son) come first or else I'm out. My husband knows this and respects it. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts