Mom Confessions

Wifeyy2Lette
Anyone have any...
December 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Brisket recipes you care to share?
I have a huge brisket and I don't want to have to go to the store for marinade so I was thinking a dry rub would be AAAAMAAAAAZING!!
I just don't want to go in there and throw stuff together sooo...
Anyone got any good rub recipes?

Replies

• Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    Bumperoo
  • Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Bump
  • Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    Hump
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Google is your friend
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    I share recipes with no one. Not even my family.

Quoting Anonymous:

Google is your friend
  • kdgord
    by kdgord
    I don't have any but I always use allrecipes.com to find new, good recipes.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    It's also good low and slow on a smoker then transfer to a pan, smother in BBQ afer pulling apart and making sandwiches.
  • Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    I know but I don't have a smoker :(

Quoting Anonymous:

It's also good low and slow on a smoker then transfer to a pan, smother in BBQ afer pulling apart and making sandwiches.

• MonkeyMommyNJ
    December 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM

the only time i have ever cooked brisket.. i cut about 1/4th off of the thing.. (i was only feeding 4 adults and 1 child.. i was given the briskett.. i never would have bought it) .. and threw it in a large pot with water, vinegar, red wine, 4 packets of sazon, adobo, onion powder, salt, pepper, fresh onion (1 1/2 diced) Fresh garlic (4 cloves) fresh cilantro (1/4 cup minced) 1/2 cup worchestershire sauce, and a little cayenne pepper. .. I let it simmer for about 5 hours... then pulled drained and pulled the meat apart.. shredded it completely, threw it in the skillett with fresh cut red, orange, yellow peppers, red onion, 3 table spoons of recaito, 6 olives and 3 table spoons of olive juice, a few more sprigs of fresh cilantro, 1 lime juiced, and a little additional seasoning to taste (adobo, sazon, onion powder, salt).. sauteed everything till the peppers were slightly soft but still a little crispy... served over white rice

• Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    Roast, yes. I would never put a brisket in a pot of water, though. Your recipe makes me sad :(

Quoting MonkeyMommyNJ:

the only time i have ever cooked brisket.. i cut about 1/4th off of the thing.. (i was only feeding 4 adults and 1 child.. i was given the briskett.. i never would have bought it) .. and threw it in a large pot with water, vinegar, red wine, 4 packets of sazon, adobo, onion powder, salt, pepper, fresh onion (1 1/2 diced) Fresh garlic (4 cloves) fresh cilantro (1/4 cup minced) 1/2 cup worchestershire sauce, and a little cayenne pepper. .. I let it simmer for about 5 hours... then pulled drained and pulled the meat apart.. shredded it completely, threw it in the skillett with fresh cut red, orange, yellow peppers, red onion, 3 table spoons of recaito, 6 olives and 3 table spoons of olive juice, a few more sprigs of fresh cilantro, 1 lime juiced, and a little additional seasoning to taste (adobo, sazon, onion powder, salt).. sauteed everything till the peppers were slightly soft but still a little crispy... served over white rice

Mom Confessions