Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Wifeyy2Lette
Anyone have any...
December 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Brisket recipes you care to share?
I have a huge brisket and I don't want to have to go to the store for marinade so I was thinking a dry rub would be AAAAMAAAAAZING!!
I just don't want to go in there and throw stuff together sooo...
Anyone got any good rub recipes?

Replies

• Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    Bumperoo
  • Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Bump
  • Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    Hump
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    December 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Google is your friend
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    I share recipes with no one. Not even my family.

Quoting Anonymous:

Google is your friend
  • kdgord
    by kdgord
    I don't have any but I always use allrecipes.com to find new, good recipes.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    It's also good low and slow on a smoker then transfer to a pan, smother in BBQ afer pulling apart and making sandwiches.
  • Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    I know but I don't have a smoker :(

Quoting Anonymous:

It's also good low and slow on a smoker then transfer to a pan, smother in BBQ afer pulling apart and making sandwiches.

• MonkeyMommyNJ
    December 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM

the only time i have ever cooked brisket.. i cut about 1/4th off of the thing.. (i was only feeding 4 adults and 1 child.. i was given the briskett.. i never would have bought it) .. and threw it in a large pot with water, vinegar, red wine, 4 packets of sazon, adobo, onion powder, salt, pepper, fresh onion (1 1/2 diced) Fresh garlic (4 cloves) fresh cilantro (1/4 cup minced) 1/2 cup worchestershire sauce, and a little cayenne pepper. .. I let it simmer for about 5 hours... then pulled drained and pulled the meat apart.. shredded it completely, threw it in the skillett with fresh cut red, orange, yellow peppers, red onion, 3 table spoons of recaito, 6 olives and 3 table spoons of olive juice, a few more sprigs of fresh cilantro, 1 lime juiced, and a little additional seasoning to taste (adobo, sazon, onion powder, salt).. sauteed everything till the peppers were slightly soft but still a little crispy... served over white rice

• Wifeyy2Lette
    December 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    Roast, yes. I would never put a brisket in a pot of water, though. Your recipe makes me sad :(

Quoting MonkeyMommyNJ:

the only time i have ever cooked brisket.. i cut about 1/4th off of the thing.. (i was only feeding 4 adults and 1 child.. i was given the briskett.. i never would have bought it) .. and threw it in a large pot with water, vinegar, red wine, 4 packets of sazon, adobo, onion powder, salt, pepper, fresh onion (1 1/2 diced) Fresh garlic (4 cloves) fresh cilantro (1/4 cup minced) 1/2 cup worchestershire sauce, and a little cayenne pepper. .. I let it simmer for about 5 hours... then pulled drained and pulled the meat apart.. shredded it completely, threw it in the skillett with fresh cut red, orange, yellow peppers, red onion, 3 table spoons of recaito, 6 olives and 3 table spoons of olive juice, a few more sprigs of fresh cilantro, 1 lime juiced, and a little additional seasoning to taste (adobo, sazon, onion powder, salt).. sauteed everything till the peppers were slightly soft but still a little crispy... served over white rice

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN