Mom Confessions

Anonymous
induction experiences
by Anonymous
December 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM
I'm going in to be induced in a few days and I'm a little nervous.

My cervix has been closed everytime I'm checked and I've read on the paper they gave me if it still is then they give me medicine.. Well do they keep you in there while your on the medicine or no?

I'd like everyone to tell me their experiences with being induced.. The good the bad whatever.
I want to be prepaired for everything.

Also, reason I'm being induced is cause I'm over due.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

My first induction was fine because the DR took me off of the pitocin once my labor kicked in.

My second induction was terrible because the DR refused to take me off of pitocin, and as a result my labor spun out of control.

If I ever had another baby, I wouldn't be induced.

• SRUsarahSC
    December 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I wasn't induced but I wouldn't have been unless I was really far over because all I ever heard about it was that it was much harder labor on you and the baby.  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    My first was induced....3 rounds of cervadil and a very long day she was here. Thankful I didn't need potosin.
  • Bethbeth
    December 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

how far overdue are you? when are they planning on inducing?

• B1Bomber

I was induced with cytotec (spelling?) to relax the cervix at 2 p.m. At midnight, they started pitocin to strengthen my contractions. At 8 a.m. I was 4 cm and they broke my water, and by 11 a.m. I was fully dilated and ready to push.

I generally react very well to medicines - some people dont. My SIL was induced with pitocin 2 weeks past her due date and never dilated past 3 cm and needed a csection after all.

• iamcafemom83
    I've been induced twice! But I had been at 3 cm each time. The first time I was a week past due. I gave birth within 8 hours of being admitted.
    It went well for me.

But I have to say, if you aren't even dilated yet, I would wait! I know waiting totally sucks at this point. I have been there. But, I just have a feeling you would be more likely to get a c section. I'm no professional. I know I may sound hypocritical saying it. I wouldn't do it until you started at least dilating. Is this your first? They take forever:(
  • brittany208
    December 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I was induced at 41 weeks exactly. I was already 4cm and I forget how effaced, but not going into active labor. I said I wanted as natural of a labor as possible, so they broke my water first. When they didnt start labor, they gave me pitocin. I had an abnormally easy labor though. i remember, a couple hours into labor, thinking that the contractions weren't as bad as menstrual cramps.

• UgtaBkdnMe

I induced both mine and will this one also if he's not here by the 15th.

Both times I had no issues, and baby was born with in an hour.

• grace1973
    What she said!

Quoting Anonymous:

My first induction was fine because the DR took me off of the pitocin once my labor kicked in.

My second induction was terrible because the DR refused to take me off of pitocin, and as a result my labor spun out of control.

If I ever had another baby, I wouldn't be induced.

• Mamasgirl524
    December 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    I would be like doc, induce me today. I want that tax $!

Mom Confessions