Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
can you answer this?
by Anonymous
December 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM
How can you check your own cervix for dilation? Is everyone's fingers long enough to check?

Replies

• OkieOBRN
    December 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    Thats entirely false! Regular gloves are up on the wall.. exam gloves ARE srerile in a sterile package, tbat should be opened at ur bedside. The come in singles or pairs and are single use...

Come on... dont spread untruths. And if someone checked u with wall gloves they need fired immediately

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting JacksMom1221:

That should be a sterile procedure. No one should do that without sterile gloves. It's risky to introduce bacteria into a dilated cervix.

no such thing as sterile exam gloves. They carry them in their pockets or have them in tissue boxes on the wall.

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    Might seem odd but I checked mine. I had a drs appointment, doc checked me and I was at 2 1/2 (approx). Since I know my body when I'm not prego I decided to see if could tell a difference while taking a shower. Yes, it is possible. Kinda creeped me out though lol
  • JacksMom1221
    Yes there is. They come in a little plastic pouch, then when you open them up they are wrapped again in sterile paper. The gloves on the wall are for clean procedures, not sterile ones.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting JacksMom1221:

That should be a sterile procedure. No one should do that without sterile gloves. It's risky to introduce bacteria into a dilated cervix.

no such thing as sterile exam gloves. They carry them in their pockets or have them in tissue boxes on the wall.
  • CjEmmemommy

Yes it's possible. You would need to sit on the toilet or lift one leg.

It can be hard to reach at times but can be done. During my last pregnancy I inserted evening primrose oil pills nighty on my cervix, some days it felt very high others I could easily feel it. 

Should feel like the tip of our nose and if dictated a small amount you will feel a slit,

Always clip your nails and wash your hands before but it's really better you do it an someone else with all their different germs.

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    December 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    Hospitals and clinics do have sterile gloves. They are packaged as single or a pair, and folded in such a way you can put them on without contaminating the sterile side

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting JacksMom1221:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    Ugh I don't masturbate so I don't know mine very well

Quoting Anonymous:

Might seem odd but I checked mine. I had a drs appointment, doc checked me and I was at 2 1/2 (approx). Since I know my body when I'm not prego I decided to see if could tell a difference while taking a shower. Yes, it is possible. Kinda creeped me out though lol
  • OkieOBRN
    December 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    L

Quoting Anonymous:

NOTHING goes in my asshole. You understand?

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Yep! I couldn't imagine!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's some sick shit.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Mildly off topic..but did u know in the past labor nurses were only allowed ti check a cervix ANALLY? seriously..it was thought too much bacteria could be introduced vaginally and the anal mucosa protected against that. Crazy right!?

Quoting Anonymous:

No haha I just wanna know if I'm dilated.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Ok.. make sure there is zero dirt under his nails or around his cuticles... scrub. Then cut his nails super short..

Then... dont do it!

Do u think ur in labor?

Quoting Anonymous:

He'll wash his hands lol it'll be ok!

That's what I'm asking you. What should he be feeling for?

Quoting OkieOBRN:

No! Why introduce bacteria? I strongly doubt he knows what your cervix feels like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should I have mydh check because he would know what feels normal and what doesn't

• OkieOBRN
    December 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    Lol! Easy there! I wasn't trying to go anywhere near ur ass! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Yep! I couldn't imagine!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's some sick shit.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Mildly off topic..but did u know in the past labor nurses were only allowed ti check a cervix ANALLY? seriously..it was thought too much bacteria could be introduced vaginally and the anal mucosa protected against that. Crazy right!?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Ok.. make sure there is zero dirt under his nails or around his cuticles... scrub. Then cut his nails super short..

Then... dont do it!

Do u think ur in labor?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

No! Why introduce bacteria? I strongly doubt he knows what your cervix feels like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should I have mydh check because he would know what feels normal and what doesn't

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    December 30, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    I didn't do it for masturbation. Being a woman I wanted to know what was going on with my body before, during, and after ovulation

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh I don't masturbate so I don't know mine very well

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 30, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    Is that a hospital term? I don't follow.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

L

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Yep! I couldn't imagine!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's some sick shit.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Then... dont do it!

Do u think ur in labor?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN