Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
pittiesmom
What would you do with $5000 a week for life? ETA...
December 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I would still live in a house that was modest but had space for my girls to have their own rooms and a large fenced yard for them and the pup to play in. There's only one thing I'd splurge on.

I would eat out literally every day except for holidays when I actually like to cook traditional meals.

ETA...If you could give $5000 a week to someone else, who would you choose and why? If we are allowed to divide the prize I think I would have to choose my parents because they always take care of others and my mom is on disability and my dad should be able to retire already. The other half would go to my in-laws because I would love if my MIL could just quit her job and live well for once in her life. She has always volunteered either in church or her community center with kids of questionable background. She never takes for herself and gives as much as she can. I don't care about FIL one bit but I know it's a package deal if I give to MIL.

Replies

• Anonymous 43
    by Anonymous 43
    December 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
    We make that.We do not eat out every night...too expensive.We live in a 4800 sq ft house and have a beach house.Pay for our kids college , save , give a new car for college grad.250, 000.00 a year isn't endless.
  • momofmany86
    December 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I would buy a house. We rent right now, and I would love to own my own house. It would be modest. 5 bedrooms - DH & I, twin boys (6), girls (4 & 2), and SS (13). I would also want a full basement that would be finished as a 'rec room' for all the kids toys, our video games, and our computers (We only have one right now, but we need a laptop because DH uses the desktop for his work & I write, so I need the laptop for it).

I would also buy a newer used vehicle. I have a Ford Windstar & I hate it. It's a piece of junk. Too many recalls. I hate ford. I want a Chevy Traverse.

Dh would quit his job and work on the work he really wants to do. He has been working on computer designs/graphics/websites for years, and he really wants to get into making educational cartoons.

I would put the kids in ec's. We really want to put the twins in Karate. SS is all about science - everything from electric to growing crystals to rocks & plants. And the girls, of course, I want to put in dance or acting classes. Especially my four year old, she is the biggest drama queen who can switch her mood in a second flat.

Oh yeah, and I would stockpile on meat.

• pittiesmom
    December 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM

What kind of jobs do you have? I can't imagine any job that would pay that around here.

Quoting Anonymous:

We make that.We do not eat out every night...too expensive.We live in a 4800 sq ft house and have a beach house.Pay for our kids college , save , give a new car for college grad.250, 000.00 a year isn't endless
  • Anonymous 43
    by Anonymous 43
    December 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Quoting pittiesmom:

What kind of jobs do you have? I can't imagine any job that would pay that around here.

Quoting Anonymous:

We make that.We do not eat out every night...too expensive.We live in a 4800 sq ft house and have a beach house.Pay for our kids college , save , give a new car for college grad.250, 000.00 a year isn't endless

My husband is the president of a multi disciplined engineering and construction management company.He has always done very well since graduating with his masters at 24 but didn't graduate making 250,000.00 a year.I am a sahm but have a B.S. and M.S.W.was a L.C.S.W. I have worked very part time and kept my c.e.'s so that all my license stay current.

• pittiesmom
    December 30, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting pittiesmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is the president of a multi disciplined engineering and construction management company.He has always done very well since graduating with his masters at 24 but didn't graduate making 250,000.00 a year.I am a sahm but have a B.S. and M.S.W.was a L.C.S.W. I have worked very part time and kept my c.e.'s so that all my license stay current.

Oh okay, thank you for answering.

• got2monsters
    December 30, 2012 at 1:28 AM
    go fucking spend crazy, ive been poor for so long, id enjoy it for a minute, then id come back to reality and get responsible.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts