Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
blues_pagan
Let's clear up a misconception: not everyone on PA is lazy
December 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Honestly these posts about lazy people on PA is driving me a bit nuts.

Why?  Because I know many people on PA who work their asses off and still can't make ends meet. 

Right now DH and I are on WIC, food stamps and heat assistance.  Why?  Because he has cancer and can't work and I lost my job due to state budget cuts.  We are both disabled veterans and when we looked at the economy and how things are going we decided that we should go back to school.  So we are both full time students in college so that we can make the future better for our family.  While we are doing that we need a bit of extra help mainly until DH is finally approved by the VA for disability.

I have a friend who is also on PA.  She is currently working 4 jobs (2 seasonal and 2 part time).  She works her ass off but still can't make ends meet so she has WIC and food stamps.  She also goes to school part time.

I know many hard working people who just can't seem to make ends meet in this economy.  They are either working hard on getting their education and they are working hard in multiple jobs or working full time.  

You can't judge every situation just by seeing one side of it.  Things such for a lot of people in today's world.  

Replies

• celestegood
    December 27, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Where did you read that??? I read that her dh has cancer. Not that they smoke weed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet you smoke weed.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    December 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    We're on PA, he abuses the system, I don't. He wants me to get a part time job so we keep receiving benefits, I want a full time so we can start saving to get out of the system. He calls me lazy, I'm not looking hard enough, his last job before this one was in September of 2008, our first months were spent me looking for a job and him collecting unemployment, because the jobs I qualified for didn't work with his schedule, he'd rip up the applications, we got married, within 4 months I had a job, again, because he didn't like it and because he refused to work, I had to quit, my hours alone not enough to keep a roof over our head, his unemployment had dried up, I'd doggedly looked and found another job, this time we had roommates, pregnant, exhausted, living with and managing an alcoholic husband started taking its toll, my work showed it, I was fired, now I'm stuck back in the same position, looking for a job, living with a man who insists upon bare minimum. I'm tired of living a life of mediocrity.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    Mmmhmm, when I smoked (as a teen) I had to buy mine from time to time, it wasn't always free.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares? Some people get theirs for free.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet you smoke weed.

• blues_pagan
    December 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Just for the record, this uterus isn't popping out any more kids.  Thank you mirena!  And I get my pot for free.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    She has posted about it before.

Quoting celestegood:

Where did you read that??? I read that her dh has cancer. Not that they smoke weed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet you smoke weed.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    December 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    I've never had to buy. Mind you, I don't smoke it often.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mmmhmm, when I smoked (as a teen) I had to buy mine from time to time, it wasn't always free.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares? Some people get theirs for free.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet you smoke weed.

• blues_pagan
    December 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I am a very vocal supporter of legalizing it and have also admitted to using it.  I just think that this anon has a hard on for me and follows me every time I post in this forum.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet you smoke weed.

• celestegood
    December 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    Well I wish you luck in the future.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    Actually I never respond to your posts, but this time you came in talking about how good welfare people are and give them a break, blah blah blah, yet you smoke pot. I'm not against pot, I'm against people on welfare smoking pot.

Quoting blues_pagan:

I am a very vocal supporter of legalizing it and have also admitted to using it.  I just think that this anon has a hard on for me and follows me every time I post in this forum.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet you smoke weed.

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    December 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

So essentially we are paying for you and your husband to go back to school and make a better life for yourselves, how about one of you go to school at a time and the other works. Why do we have to foot the complete bill for both of you? How are you working hard exactly? Most people I know that are going to school full time are also working, and are not on PA. You are not working hard, you are living off of all of us!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN