Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Ashley_Carlson
I really wish....
December 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM

BF and I were married and ex would sign over his rights. Then BF would qualify for FMLA and could get time off work to spend here with me and DD. 

He JUST got a new job, so it's a bit early to be requesting time off. DD was just declared to be in the early stages of the dying process. BF called me crying, saying if he hadn't gotten the job he would be up here with me right now. 

I feel so bad for him right now. He loves DD as if she was his own, and not being able to be here with her and I has been so hard on him. I hope his boss is understanding and gives him some time off. 

Ugh...

Replies

• ALWsMomma
    December 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    I am sorry! I can not imagine what you are going through. May I ask what is going on with your dd?
  • Ashley_Carlson
    December 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM

She has Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia. We all knew it was terminal, but now that we're getting close to the end, it's really starting to hit us.

Quoting ALWsMomma:

I am sorry! I can not imagine what you are going through. May I ask what is going on with your dd?

• Ashley_Carlson
    December 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Bump

• First_One_8_18
    December 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Can you guys just do a quick n dirty service now for legalpurposes? Or would he still have to adopt her?

• Litlmama87
    I have to ask, why are you so hard on your daughters father?
    aren't you two still living together?

I know your boyfriend is 40, is he there for your daughter financially? Physically?

Who's insurance is she on? Yours, her dads, state?

Who is footing the bill for her? Her father is working, correct?

I noticed yesterday you said your dd likes your boyfriend more than her dad, and that just put me off a bit, I was under the impression she was unresponsive.

I'm just wondering what makes him so much better than her dad and why at a time like this would you discount his feelings as her father?
  • Ashley_Carlson

Ex would have to sign over his rights and BF would have to adopt her. Stupid bastardization laws and all that....

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Can you guys just do a quick n dirty service now for legalpurposes? Or would he still have to adopt her?

• Ashley_Carlson
    December 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Ex is emotionally and verbally abusive to me every chance he gets.

I'm having to move back in with my parents to get away from him.

BF is there for DD and I emotionally, and as much financially as he can. 

DD is on State insurance, the medical bills would eat us alive otherwise.

DD's father works, but is a tight-fisted POS. My parents buy most of what DD needs.

DD is not unresponsive, at least not yet. Her apnea and seizures have worsened, and her digestive system has totally shut down. However, when she is awake, she is very much aware.

Quoting Litlmama87:

I know your boyfriend is 40, is he there for your daughter financially? Physically?

I noticed yesterday you said your dd likes your boyfriend more than her dad, and that just put me off a bit, I was under the impression she was unresponsive.

I'm just wondering what makes him so much better than her dad and why at a time like this would you discount his feelings as her father?

• Litlmama87
    December 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    How long have you and your bf been together?

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

DD's father works, but is a tight-fisted POS. My parents buy most of what DD needs.

DD is not unresponsive, at least not yet. Her apnea and seizures have worsened, and her digestive system has totally shut down. However, when she is awake, she is very much aware.

Quoting Litlmama87:

• Ashley_Carlson
    December 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM

We've known each other and been very close friends for years, but we've only been together for about 2 months. 

Quoting Litlmama87:

How long have you and you bf been together?

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting Litlmama87:

• Ashley_Carlson
    December 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Bump

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts