Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
_cloudy_
I'm not crying over the shooting
December 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?

***edit

I've read a lot of people saying I don't feel emphatic. No where do I see crying to describe the definition of the word empathy.

******edit
my twins are 5. If this happened to me personally, yes, I would be absolutely distraught, but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't get effected by it the same way I would.

Replies

• RunningMommaof2
    December 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM
    I have a 4 year old daughter and live in CT, this has hit me HARD. Not everyone will be effected in the same way though.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 15, 2012 at 2:53 AM
    I agree
  • Grandma.grandma
    December 15, 2012 at 2:55 AM
    Agreed
  • ReachtotheStars
    December 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I feel the same way.  

• SpiritedWitch
    December 15, 2012 at 2:59 AM

You aren't the only one. I personally avoid crying and have not felt like it today. I also don't believe in living in fear. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I have kids in school. 3 of them go to a k thru 3rd grade. When I heard /saw the news I couldn't stop crying but I guess that's me. I couldn't imagine what I would do if something like that ever happened here. It's like I could just feel the pain one those parents faces and the terror on the children's 

• jackieb2811
    December 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM

My twins are 5 too! I feel bad, VERY BAD, I did get teary eyed first hearing it because when any kid dies my first thought goes to "what if that were the boys" I would be ready to jump off of a bridge. I am 17w2d pregnant so I feel like my emotions are getting the best of me but there has been so much devistation lately that it is to much at once but I have also had some bad things happening in my person life so it is that too. My best friend just lost her baby to Trisomy 18 and seeing her lifeless deceased child was heartbreaking. All that combined makes me grateful for my children's lives and my healthy pregnancy and the existance of my other loved ones. I cannot stop what is going to be done and I cannot keep my kids shealtered because of the bad people in the world but I will protect them and with my life if possible.

Quoting _cloudy_:

Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?

***edit

I've read a lot of people saying I don't feel emphatic. No where do I see crying to describe the definition of the word empathy.

******edit
    my twins are 5. If this happened to me personally, yes, I would be absolutely distraught, but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't get effected by it the same way I would.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM
    I find it tasteless when people who are not affected directly from things like this express how much it hurts them. Most in a "I'm more sad than you are about this". Yes, it makes me sad for those family, I may shed a tear or two, but I am not going to go on Facebook and say " I hugged my child tight and cried". I live in Arkansas, I know none of the innocent that died. What I do know is that there are people who HAVE been directly affected by this horrible act, and they are truly suffering and I refuse to dilute their pain with my being upset. I hurt for them, but my hurt is so incredibly small in comparison. It aggravates me to no end when people turn these tragedies around to be about them, the person who didn't lose a child today
  • pampire
    by pampire
    December 15, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I didn't cry either.  It's awful.  I can empathize with what the families are grappling with but I don't have time to cry.  I fee frustrated that our mental health care system is in the state that it's in and that he was allowed easy access to guns.

PPL that aren't directly affected by the shooting that are crying and distraught over it.....have life pretty fucking easy if they have the energy to expend on an event 1500 miles away.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 15, 2012 at 3:34 AM
    I am insanely confused in how you're not sad over what has happened. , I'm honestly more sad over the pictures.. I saw a picture of a woman close to my age crying and screaming over wanting to know the status of her sibling. I have a much younger sibling and totally saw myself in this reaction and instantly received goose bumps. You are heartless just creating this post. This post to you is basically wanting people to know that you have children that go to school and if the same thing happened and both your children died.. You'd want people to feel like "hey, shit happens, get over it"

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts