Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
b**** a** sister ignorant to childrens nutrition
by Anonymous
December 14, 2012 at 7:08 AM
My sister came.over last night with her kids (19 months and 9). Her younger girl was hungry and so was my 3 yr old so I offered snack time. My sister got really upset with what I had to offer she said she was fine with them eating apple slices but she felt wheat chex were not a snack. I thought perhaps she was concerned about carbs as our dad has blood sugar problems. No this was not the issue. Where were my cookies, fruit snacks, and crackers? I said wheat chex were a lot like wheat crackers. At this point she said she didn't understand why I fed my son that way and she felt sorry for him.

Replies

• harpsichord
    December 14, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    Eh.
  • AmberRose1122
    December 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    I understand. That's how my mom is with my brother. We have healthy snacks here and my mom is always like "he needs some chips!!"
  • TheMrs407
    December 14, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I don't think that makes her ignorant to nutrition, she probably know what you are giving your child is healthier, but rather she just doesn't make it a priority.  It's tough to change children's eating habits sometimes, perhaps this is why her children get less nutritional snacks.  I'm more like you though.  DD is a pretty healthy eater and I think much of it is just because that is what she has been around.  She'd choose a banana over a cookie most days.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts