Mom Confessions

Traceyssel
Does anyone else have a teenager for a so?
December 14, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Claire hasn't been sleeping well at night lately, which means little sleep for me. It's df day off, yesterday and today. I've been getting maybe 2 hrs a sleep at night. I finally get Claire asleep at 2am. Df coughs a million times and wakes up Claire 10min after she fell asleep. I told him, she's his responsibility now. I have my last final today (1pm) and he needs to take care of her.

He is acting like such a teenager. He's complaining:

"God damnit!!! I'm soooo tired!!!" "Ugh!!!" "I can't believe this shit!!!" I told him to stop whining and to take responsibility. Then he goes in the living room and put her in her bouncer and he starts yelling "just go to sleep!!! God!!!!" I told him not to yell at our 4mo old baby. He says I'm trying to control him and criticize him. I tried explaining that she was already upset and now she has a trusted parent using an angry voice at her. He says "fine ill try not to yell at her, just leave me alone!!" " I don't want to talk to you!!! Ugh!!!" I told him if he didn't want kids, we shouldn't have planned them and had sex. He thinks he can get away without acting like an adult and being a parent.

I don't even know how to fix this. He is also a "gamer" type, which I didn't mind until he would rather do that than take care of his kids.

I don't think I can change him...

Replies

• Traceyssel
    December 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM
    I haven't taken that class but I will be looking it up online to show him. But I can't make him read anything.

Quoting DarlaHood:

Well it does put you in a position where you have to act like his mother and make him be responsible to take care of his chores.  Only it's not taking out the trash.  It's HIS dear daughter! 

I think you're gonna have to educate him on what holding and nurturing does for her development, and how sensitive she is at 4 mos., and will be going forward, to his harsh tones and words.  You said you had a final.  Did you take child development or human development?  Cuz if you did, there will be really good information in there about what babies need.  Or he could get a night job delivering pizzas, and pay someone else to watch her so you can get some sleep and study.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM
    Yeah.. my ex got mad cause our year old wouldn't go back to sleep, and he snapped and broke her toddler bed. Scared the shit out of her.

Quoting melakay1981:

That would be an ending point for me.  There is no reason whatsoever to yell at a 4 month old baby.  I would be afraid he would hurt her.  It only takes a minute for someone to snap and not be in their right frame of mind.

• justone_jen
    December 14, 2012 at 3:17 AM
    Honestly, in that moment, I would've taken the baby. Yelling at a four month old is ridiculous and would've made me scared to leave her with him.

This isn't to say I don't think he needs to help, though. Truth be told, we'd be having a serious discussion the following day, if I were in your position. The option would be, "Step up, or go." Hugs, mama.
  • melakay1981
    December 14, 2012 at 3:20 AM

That had to be scary.  Glad to hear he is your EX.  Good job mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah.. my ex got mad cause our year old wouldn't go back to sleep, and he snapped and broke her toddler bed. Scared the shit out of her.

Quoting melakay1981:

That would be an ending point for me.  There is no reason whatsoever to yell at a 4 month old baby.  I would be afraid he would hurt her.  It only takes a minute for someone to snap and not be in their right frame of mind.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 14, 2012 at 3:24 AM
    Yeah. He was an abusive asshole. My poor baby was already crying and scared cause she was constipated, then he did that.
    Oh yeah, scare her, idiot, that will make her stop crying. *eyeroll*.
    Thanks. I'm so glad he's my ex.

Quoting melakay1981:

That had to be scary.  Glad to hear he is your EX.  Good job mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting melakay1981:

• areyouatroll
    December 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    Oh hell No

Mom Confessions