Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
golliz
pop! how did you know when..
by golliz
December 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM
HOW FAR ALONG WHERE U, and how did you know you where going in labor? Im clueless this is my bby #1. What did you do? How did you react?

Replies

• SadeAyosmom
    December 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM

yeah i vomited 3 times with my daughter.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I started feeling nauseous and having menstrual-like cramps. It felt like I had food poisoning or something. But the cramps quickly got regular and stronger and I started timing them. Very soon, they were regular, timeable and I couldn't talk through them. That's how I knew it was the big day. :)

• ilovecandy
    December 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM
    My water broke with my first. I had contractions about 2-3 mins apart with my second and I couldn't stand straight and I had bad bad cramping. This one.... Pre-term labor I had severe backache and bad crampingt
  • Fallin4baby
    December 14, 2012 at 3:03 AM
    I was one day away from my due date and my water broke
  • Euphorikmomma

I was just about at 39-40 weeks with all three kids.  Contractions are definitely hard to describe, but you will KNOW them when you feel them.

DD1 - consistent contractions for 10 hours followed by water breaking.

DD2 - Induced (terrible) contractions, water breaking, emergency C-section.

DS1- Scheduled C-section but woke up to a pop (water breaking) about 9 hours before surgery.

• bustybee

I ironically went into labour on my due date lol. had ds2 the same day. ds1 and ds3 were induced, baby#4 will probably be induced too.

with ds1 I had 2 hours of labour and delivery, including my water breaking and me going from a 4 cm to a 10 cm immediately and delivered 10 min later. so when I went into labour with ds2 they needed me at the hospital asap incase my water broke. so I spent like 10 hours there having contractions but not in labour, and 5 hours for labour and delivery. even though I spent the extra time in the hospital, in my case it was better :)

• golliz
    by golliz
    December 14, 2012 at 3:08 AM
    Lol ok thank you:). Im scared but excited

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

muscle cramps in your lower back and lower tummy. they are rythmic literally time them 7 mins apart for an hour the 5 then 2 mins apart water broke baby came out after pushing.

you cant miss it.

Quoting golliz:

What do they feel like?

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

my contractions started and i got really excited. :)

• Keara20
    by Keara20
    December 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM
    That's it exactly. I was induced at 41 weeks. She did not want out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Think menstrual cramps on steroids!

Quoting golliz:

What do they feel like?

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

• me-n-mygirls
    December 14, 2012 at 3:17 AM
    1st....induced at 41 weeks
    2nd....my water "broke". it started leaking......felt like I kept peeing myself. pads would be soaked. went in and got induced and they finished breaking my water. Hubby always teased me I just sprung a leak....haha...but so true.
    3rd....induced at 42 weeks. they broke my water. I had consistant contractions for 3 weeks but did not diolate. painful! but worth it for a healthy baby!!
    4th....I was induced but I was consistantly contrating just not diolating. they broke my water.
    5th.... I was contrating consistantly and went to the hospital and I was progressing on my own and my water broke and 30 minss later she was here. All the others it was HOURS before anything changed. This last time there was no pitocin (sp?)!! **huge deal for me so I still am shoked and so excited**
    contractions are without a doubt YOU KNOW cramping/pressure. braxton hicks are the ones you go "is this it?". if you are saying "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!" time them.
    Congrats :)
    Good Luck.
  • SadeAyosmom
    December 14, 2012 at 3:18 AM

be excited the day your child is born is a day you will retell a thousand times :)

to you child your friends everyone its so wonderful :)

ill never forget my first words to my daughter were.

"hello i have been waiting for you"

or that when my son was being born he sizzor kicked on the way out :)

and yes there was a big weight difference he was HUGE!

Quoting golliz:

Lol ok thank you:). Im scared but excited

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

muscle cramps in your lower back and lower tummy. they are rythmic literally time them 7 mins apart for an hour the 5 then 2 mins apart water broke baby came out after pushing.

you cant miss it.

Quoting golliz:

What do they feel like?

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

• Toxic.Stardust
    December 14, 2012 at 3:20 AM

I was having contractions on and off for a few days. (felt like period cramps) I started losing my mucus plug the night before (big glob of mucusy gunk) and then I started having regular contractions. I would time how far apart they were. When they got to be about 3 minutes apart, I called DH, he came home, a friend picked up DD1 and we went to the hospital.

Do you think you're in labor? Congrats!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts