Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ZazaGoszzy
Is this normal? (PIOG)
December 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

My son is 18 months old. Today, we were in Boston to go to a doctor's appointment so we had dinner out there. We're at the food court, and we were the only ones in our section. My son then turned away from us and was talking (or trying to talk because he can't really talk) to an empty section next to us. I mean there weren't any tables or chairs where he was talking. Then he started to nod his head and tried to hand over an apple slice and said "apppp?" which is his way of saying apple. My question is, is he too young to have an imaginary friend? What should I do? Should I bring it up to his pediatrician or just brush it aside?

Replies

• ZazaGoszzy
    December 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM

BUMP!

• smalltowngal
    December 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I think that's the age my DD was when she started making me set a plate for her gigantic, stuffed Elmo.

• ZazaGoszzy
    December 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Aww That's cute lol.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think that's the age my DD was when she started making me set a plate for her gigantic, stuffed Elmo.

• aniters
    by aniters
    December 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    I think its normal. DS is 12 months and I'm dreading the imaginary friends stage because it creeps me the fuck out >.
  • ZazaGoszzy
    December 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

lol it just all of a sudden happened! I was like, what the heck is he doing? lol

Quoting aniters:

I think its normal. DS is 12 months and I'm dreading the imaginary friends stage because it creeps me the fuck out >.

• aniters
    by aniters
    December 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    is he an only child? maybe he's lonely.
    DS is an only child and sometimes he runs around our room laughing and "talking" but no one is there playing with him.

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

lol it just all of a sudden happened! I was like, what the heck is he doing? lol

Quoting aniters:

• UgtaBkdnMe
    December 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

OMG he's a medium....

yes it's normal.

• Traceyssel
    My ds is 17mo and he pretends his Lego is a spoon and another toy is a bowl and pretends to eat
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

Omg he is talking to dead people! Seriously take him to get an exorcism NOW! And ask the priest to bless him and your house and your car. Those dead fuckers can live anywhere!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    I'm actually getting the feeling that he saw something. An older kid, about 5 years old.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN