Mom Confessions

MommyLehr
What will she need?
December 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM
My dd will be starting kindergarten next school year. I want we to be prepared so she isn't behind the other kids. What will she need to know? She knows all of her letters and se can recognize numbers up to 10. She can count to 40.

Replies

• SweetMama823
    December 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    Write her name
    Shapes
    Trace letters and numbers
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

They kept my brother back in Kindergarden because he didnt draw necks on his people in his drawings lol.

Make sure she adds necks to her people!!

• SweetMama823
    Start teaching her your phone number and address too its important.
  • JDmommyJD
    Really as long as she can write her name and count to ten, she's good..lol. They teach everything in kindergarten. I bought my daughter a preschool learning activity book and we did it over the summer, before kinder tho.. I would get one. Like $6 at Walmart:)
  • MommyLehr
    December 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    She has known this for a year already!

Quoting SweetMama823:

Start teaching her your phone number and address too its important.
  • MommyLehr
    December 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    What that's crazy! She still draws her people as big circles with arms and legs coming out of the sides. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

They kept my brother back in Kindergarden because he didnt draw necks on his people in his drawings lol.

• MrsNewman
    December 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    Letters. letter sounds. Colors. Shapes. Count to 100. Name, first and last.
  • Mamasgirl524
    December 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Haha mine did too! She's in kindergarten now and her people are getting pretty advanced!

Quoting MommyLehr:

What that's crazy! She still draws her people as big circles with arms and legs coming out of the sides. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

• LucyHarper
    December 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

In my sons kindergarten, they are expected to have basic reading skills, like being able to read very simple books like Dr.Seuss, be able to recognize and draw basic shapes, and be able to write their name, address, and phone numbers before coming to kindergarten. 

Mom Confessions