Mom Confessions

Anonymous
pregnant, stressed out and nervous
by Anonymous
December 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Went into l&d a week ago and found out im 50% effaced but my ffn came back neg. Im 28+6w and i just feel...off. idk...i just have that feeling that she's going to be coming soon. Maybe its an intuition thing...or maybe im just losing it lol im not sure yet. But i keep having dreams about it, i get anxious all of a sudden for no reason..and these contractions wont quit. Some are regular, but some are not. Have any other momma's felt like this before? Did u have a preemie or am i legit just losing my mind? Lol any advise or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks =)

Replies

• atyou
    by atyou
    December 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    Listen to your gut and take extra good care.

The nicu is not a fun place to be.
  • SRUsarahSC
    December 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

do whatever you can to keep that baby in there. If you use caffiene, stop. If you smoke, stop....have your DR go over a plan with you to help stop this preterm labor.  NICU is no joke and preemie babies are at higher risk for EVERYTHING.

• UgtaBkdnMe
    December 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Lay down and prop your feet up, 28 weeks is way to early.

• bustybee
    December 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I say listen to your gut. I was told with my first that he would probably be early. I said "suuuurrree" and sure enough he was 11 days late and I had to be induced. lol

• gonecrazi
    December 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM

You might need to get checked again. Having a preemie is not fun. My last one was a preemie and he was also tachypnea(he couldn't slow his breathing down) I wasn't even allowed to hold him for almost 3 days. Just look at him with tubes and wires running everywhere. Maybe they can do something to stop your labor. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    They don't think im actually in labor but idk...i mean if im already 50% effaced and the contractions are showing up that means something right? It just seemed like as soon as that ffn test came back negative they were done with it. The dr told me to drink lots of water and take it easy but im just not convinced...but woman do go long periods of time being that effaced tho right? I just dont want to psyc myself into thinkingnsomethings wrong, but i dont want to ignor it and end up having a baby too early either...im so lost =/
  • jewmaw13
    December 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

BUMP!

• jewmaw13
    December 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    December 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    thanks for bumping my post (= i take it you are just as curious as me or bored? ;)
  • Anonymous
    December 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    Bump!

Mom Confessions